Not every change that occurs at Costco is music to members’ ears. However, the current slate of updates for the bakery may strike a sweet note.

Mashed – Fast Food, Celebrity Chefs, Grocery, Reviews
Not every change that occurs at Costco is music to members’ ears. However, the current slate of updates for the bakery may strike a sweet note.

Mashed – Fast Food, Celebrity Chefs, Grocery, Reviews
By: James Brooks, Alaska Beacon

The Alaska Legislature is expected to declare this week that parts of Western Alaska are still in a state of disaster following a major storm in October.
On Monday, the Alaska Senate voted 19-0 to extend a state of disaster until early March, retroactively extending a disaster declaration that expired Feb. 6.
“While there has been progress made, the impacts remain severe,” said Sen. Lyman Hoffman, D-Bethel, shortly before the vote.
The Alaska House of Representatives is expected to take up the resolution with the extension on Wednesday.
Under Alaska law, a governor may only declare a disaster for 30 days. Dunleavy declared a disaster starting Oct. 9, then asked for an extension in November.
Speaker of the House Bryce Edgmon, I-Dillingham, and Senate President Gary Stevens, R-Kodiak, unilaterally granted extensions in November, December and January, but when they attempted to approve an extension for February, legislative attorneys advised them that action by the entire Legislature is needed.
Part of that advice came because the governor updated the state’s disaster spending plan. On Jan. 28, Dunleavy requested permission to spend $20.5 million from the state’s disaster response fund, up $5.5 million from a prior plan.
Including federal money, the governor is requesting permission to spend $39.25 million.
State law requires a legislative vote for such a large additional draw from the disaster fund. It will have a balance of about $2.1 million after the draw, according to the governor’s letter to legislators.
More spending is expected. Last week, the director of the Alaska Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management said that the Federal Emergency Management Agency has estimated at least $125 million in state and federal costs related to the storm disaster.
While the disaster fund is too small to cover that amount, Dunleavy has already requested that $40 million be taken from the state’s Constitutional Budget Reserve for the fund.
The House is expected to approve the disaster extension by a wide margin later this week, standing in contrast to its actions five years ago this month.
In 2021, legislative attorneys cautioned that legislative approval was needed to extend the state’s COVID-19 pandemic emergency disaster declaration, in place since 2020. They said that while it was possible for a governor to issue multiple, successive 30-day disaster declarations, that action might later be ruled illegal.
In February 2021, despite a request from Dunleavy, the Legislature declined to extend the pandemic emergency into a second year, and Alaska became the second state in the nation to end its state of emergency.
Subsequent analysis found Alaska’s COVID-related death rate spiked in 2021.
When Kelly Osbourne began to look noticeably thinner, people were quick to suggest that her weight loss was unhealthy. But are they asking the right questions?

Health Digest – Health News, Wellness, Expert Insights
If you’re seasoning cast iron with this fat, it might be holding you back. There’s another type that seasons way better – and your skillet will thank you.

Mashed – Fast Food, Celebrity Chefs, Grocery, Reviews
Marissa Blackstock is pregnant, but taking things day by day after a difficult IVF journey. Continue reading…The Boot – Country Music News, Music Videos and Songs
Marissa Blackstock is pregnant, but taking things day by day after a difficult IVF journey. Continue reading…Country Music News – Taste of Country
It’s always loud in Times Square, but it was even louder on Tuesday morning. NASCAR amplified the noise by setting a Guinness World Record for the “World’s Loudest Billboard.” Plopped right in the middle of Times Square (Manhattan, New York) is the billboard featuring a 1:1 replica NASCAR Next Gen engine that emits the roar of the Cup Series car. “Setting a GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS title is a proud moment for our sport and serves as a bold statement to get the 2026 season started,” NASCAR’s Chief Brand Officer Tim Clark said in a statement. “The billboard puts the visceral energy of NASCAR front and center and invites everyone to experience what makes our sport so unique.” The billboard is part of NASCAR’s 2026 brand refresh featuring the slogan, “Hell Yeah,” which according to NASCAR “highlights the instinctive, visceral energy that defines the sport.” The advertisement was devised by 72andSunny in partnership with Guru House and with the consultation of NASCAR engine builders in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. [COUNTING DOWN: 20 Most Memorable Moments in Daytona 500 History] Things kick into high gear this week for the 2026 Cup Series with the biggest race of the season — the 68th running of the Daytona 500 on Sunday following last week’s running of the exhibition 2026 Cook Out Clash at Bowman Gray. First, catch Duel 1 and Duel 2 at DAYTONA on Thursday night at 7 p.m. ET and 8:45 p.m. ET on FS1 (60-lap qualifying races for the field except for who’s starting the Daytona 500 in first and second place). Then, catch The Great American Race on Sunday at 2:30 p.m. ET on FOX and the FOX Sports app. William Bryon has taken the checkered flag in each of the last two Daytona 500s. Should Byron do so again this year, he’d be the first driver in NASCAR history to three-peat in the historic race.Latest Sports News from FOX Sports
Reading Time: 3 minutes
Kid Rock wants to clear the air in the wake of his controversial performance at Turning Point USA’s All-American Halftime Show.
As you’ve no doubt heard by now, Erika Kirk and Turning Point hosted their own Super Bowl halftime show for folks who can’t stand the sight of a performer singing in a language other than English.
Erika predicted her show would draw a “larger audience” than Bad Bunny — but his was the most-watched halftime show in Super Bowl history, while only about six million people tuned in to the rival broadcast.
And now, headliner Kid Rock is sharing his thoughts about the situation.

First, Mr. Rock went on Fox News, where he harshly criticized the NFL and less harshly criticized Bad Bunny.
“Like most people, I didn’t understand any of it,” he said (via TMZ).
“I saw there’s a lot of dancers and a lot of big to-do stuff. And, you know, he said he wanted to have a dance party; it looked like he had one.”
Speaking with host Laura Ingraham, Rock went on to clarify that while Bad Bunny’s performance was not to his liking, his real beef is with the NFL for allowing it to happen:
“I don’t fault that kid for doing the Super Bowl, getting in front of a global audience. I fault the NFL for putting him in that position and Turning Point for having to come out and have an alternative for people to watch,” he said.
“You know, it’s just — poor kid.”
But that wasn’t the end of it. On Tuesday afternoon, Rock went on X (formerly Twitter) to address allegations that he had been lip-syncing during the performance.
In the video, Rock explained that he received vocal assistance from his DJ/hype man, Freddie. Unfortunately, Freddie did not appear on camera and was not on stage with the singer.
“You know Freddie, my DJ raps, that song with me,” Rock said in the video.
“Were you lit up? Any TV time at all?” he asked the DJ. When Freddie replied in the negative, Rock remarked, “Sorry, dog.”
Rock went on to do more of what he did in the Ingraham clip, offering a tentative olive branch to his perceived political enemies before lashing out at them.

“This goes on on both sides. They did it to Bad Bunny. In his defense. When they were saying he said you have four months to learn Spanish. He was on Saturday Night Live. I think he was joking,” he said.
“But they do it far too often. Especially in the fake news media. The leftwingers, the crazy libtards.”
Of course, the difference between using a “hype man” and a backing track is negligible in this case, considering said hype man appeared neither on stage, nor on camera.
Or, as one X user put it, “My guy, we have eyes. We can see you lower the microphone and the lyrics are still going.”
Sometimes the matter really is that simple, and there’s no need to make it a political issue.
Kid Rock Blasts Bad Bunny Addresses Claims That He Was Lip-Syncing During Super Bowl … was originally published on The Hollywood Gossip.
The Hollywood Gossip
The FDA has announced a recall affecting thousands of repackaged M&M’s candies that may be missing critical allergen warnings, posing a serious risk to consumers with peanut, soy or dairy allergies. Continue reading…The Boot – Country Music News, Music Videos and Songs
The FDA has announced a recall affecting thousands of repackaged M&M’s candies that may be missing critical allergen warnings, posing a serious risk to consumers with peanut, soy or dairy allergies. Continue reading…Country Music News – Taste of Country