Categories
Music

‘American Idol’ Finalist Jordan McCullough Opens Up About His Opry Debut and Manifesting a Chris Young Duet [Exclusive]

American Idol Season 24 runner-up Jordan McCullough has a lot of exciting plans in the works now that his journey on the singing competition show has come to an end. One of the most anticipated moments he currently has on the books is his Grand Ole Opry debut on June 18.

As a Murfreesboro native, getting the chance to step into the coveted circle in his home state is nothing short of an honor for McCullough. Before taking the stage for 19 Recordings’ “American Idol” Takeover event ahead of CMA Fest, the rising star spoke with Country Now and reflected on the moment he learned the news.

“I was surprised with that in my hometown when I was here for the show and I’m just excited to get to do that… I’m like the Grand Ole Opry? As in the circle, the Grand Ole Opry? They said, ‘yeah.’ And I said, ‘okay, let’s do it.’”

Jordan McCullough performs onstage at AMERICAN IDOLS - Live in Concert presented by 19 Recordings Takeover; Photo by Derek White/Getty Images for 19 Recordings
Jordan McCullough performs onstage at AMERICAN IDOLS – Live in Concert presented by 19 Recordings Takeover; Photo by Derek White/Getty Images for 19 Recordings

The invitation came during a surprise visit to the Opry earlier this month. While blindfolded, he unknowingly made his way onto the historic stage, where the host of that night’s show, Kelly Sutton, told him, “we want you to come back here next month and make your Grand Ole Opry debut.”

Once McCullough got past the initial wave of shock that struck him, he happily accepted the invitation. He later admitted to Country Now that he is “so excited” and the fact that he will soon get to deliver his first performance in the Opry is “blowing my mind.”

“See Me,” his debut single, was first unveiled during the American Idol takeover event at 6th and Peabody on June 3, and will see its official release later this month.

Teasing what to expect from the track, McCullough noted that it serves as the “perfect song that wraps up my moment and my journey on American Idol. And I think it’ll give a lot of people perspective into what I felt coming in second place on the show and yeah, hoping that people just see me for who I am and going along the journey because here we are. It’s about to get started.”

Sharing the June 18 Grand Ole Opry lineup with Jordan McCullough are Tori Kelly, Rhonda Vincent, Redferrin, Gene Watson, Caroline Jones, Neal McCoy, and Chris Young. Since Young is also scheduled to perform that night, McCullough admitted he’s already manifesting the chance for the two of them to share the stage during his milestone Opry debut.

“I’ll also have some friends that’ll be on the lineup that I’m really excited to see. Chris Young will also be there and I am the biggest Chris Young fan. So I’m hoping maybe I can manifest us singing together or maybe I’ll sing one of his songs,” he shared. “I’ll probably have to start working on my outfit though, get some boots and a hat together.”

Fans should keep an eye on Jordan McCullough’s official website to see where he will be performing next.

The post ‘American Idol’ Finalist Jordan McCullough Opens Up About His Opry Debut and Manifesting a Chris Young Duet [Exclusive] appeared first on Country Now.

​Country Now

Categories
Music

28 Years Ago: Former Oak Ridge Boys Singer Dies in Suicide

He left behind a great body of work and a troubled personal legacy. Continue reading…​Country Music News – Taste of Country

Categories
Entertainment

My Favorite LA Chicken Chain Has One Standout Sauce That Sets It Apart

Regional chains are often a source of comfort food for locals. A chicken restaurant that calls LA home is as famous for its sauce as it is for its poultry.

​Mashed – Fast Food, Celebrity Chefs, Grocery, Reviews

Categories
Music

Tim McGraw Writes Back to Lainey Wilson Nearly 20 Years Later

Tim also wrote a song for Lainey! Continue reading…​The Boot – Country Music News, Music Videos and Songs

Categories
Music

Tim McGraw Writes Back to Lainey Wilson Nearly 20 Years Later

Tim also wrote a song for Lainey! Continue reading…​Country Music News – Taste of Country

Categories
Alaska News Featured Juneau News juneau Juneau Local Juneau Local Ketchikan Local News Feeds Sitka Local

City, Tribal and Federal leaders united to boost flood preparedness at community open house

Flood Preparedness open house at Thunder Mountain Middle School on June 9. Photo by News of the North.

NOTN- Juneau residents had the opportunity to learn more about preparing for this year’s glacial lake outburst flood at a community open house last night. 

The City and Borough of Juneau, along with emergency response partners, hosted the event at Thunder Mountain Middle School. Representatives from local, state and federal agencies were on hand to answer questions about flood preparedness, response efforts, volunteer opportunities and available resources.

“We’re grateful for our partners and everyone who came out.” Said CBJ Emergency Programs Manager Ryan O’Shaughnessy, “I think the message that I’d like to share with everyone is that it’s never too early to start preparing for these kinds of events. Suicide Basin, the last several years has become totally full before its release. It’s important to remember that we can go from ready to go and totally skip a step at any point, so we’d like to encourage folks to have a plan, have a go bag, and know what their emergency response plan looks like for themselves.”

Participating organizations included Tlingit and Haida, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the National Weather Service, the Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation, the American Red Cross and the University of Alaska Southeast. 

“We’ll have more events on July 11th over at the Diamond Park Field House, that’ll be from 11 to 3, and we’ll be doing community training on how to fill sandbags, how to stack your sandbags, and we’ll also be working with some community partners to distribute and pass out filled sandbags for folks that might need that level of assistance.” O’Shaughnessy said, “We’ll have more sandbag filling opportunities on the 18th and 25th, but we’re really looking forward to that July 11th meeting where people can hear from more experts, and also get those sandbag resources.”

Residents who could not attend can find more information online, by email, or through the city’s ongoing flood preparedness updates found at #ReportfromtheRiver.

Categories
Music

‘Sweet Magnolias’ Season 5: Get a Sneak Peek!

‘Sweet Magnolias’ Season 5 is set to premiere in June. Continue reading…​The Boot – Country Music News, Music Videos and Songs

Categories
Music

‘Sweet Magnolias’ Season 5: Get a Sneak Peek!

‘Sweet Magnolias’ Season 5 is set to premiere in June. Continue reading…​Country Music News – Taste of Country

Categories
Music

How Grand Ole Opry Announcer Bill Cody Got His Name

Bill Cody would have become famous under any name, but the change didn’t hurt. Continue reading…​Country Music News – Taste of Country

Categories
Politics

Trump-backed candidate wins GOP primary to replace Nevada Rep. Mark Amodei

David Flippo, a retired Air Force lieutenant colonel who earned President Donald Trump’s support, won the GOP primary to replace retiring Nevada Rep. Mark Amodei.

The race in Nevada’s 2nd District was a proxy war between Trump and prominent state Republicans, many of whom backed former state Sen. James Settelmeyer, including Amodei and GOP Gov. Joe Lombardo. Flippo ended up emerging victorious on Wednesday from a crowded, 13-person Republican field.

The victory continues Trump’s 2026 hot streak in GOP primary endorsements, marred only by a hiccup in last week’s Iowa gubernatorial primary. Trump backed Flippo in a Truth Social post in late May, less than two weeks before Election Day.

Flippo campaigned as a hardliner on immigration and transgender issues, and he slammed Settelmeyer as a “woke liberal” in ads. But Settelmeyer’s opponents took issue with Flippo, a longtime Las Vegas resident who only recently purchased property in Reno, attempting to run the state’s lone safely Republican district.

Amodei went as far as saying Trump “made a mistake” in a post on X.

But Flippo prevailed, riding support from Trump and Turning Point Action. He will enter November’s election as the heavy favorite in a district Trump won by 14 points in 2024.

​Politics