Hayden Panettiere’s motherhood journey started off with a harrowing experience.
The Nashville star nearly died from bleeding out while giving birth to her and ex-fiancé Wladimir Klitschko’s…
E! Online (US) – Top Stories
Hayden Panettiere’s motherhood journey started off with a harrowing experience.
The Nashville star nearly died from bleeding out while giving birth to her and ex-fiancé Wladimir Klitschko’s…
E! Online (US) – Top Stories
Content warning: This story contains allegations of sexual assault.
Multiple reality TV contestants have come forward with serious allegations.
Two anonymous contestants from Married At First…
E! Online (US) – Top Stories
If you want to make Egg McMuffins at home, then you need to use the right kind of cheese, and no, your average Kraft single isn’t going to cut it.

Food Republic – Restaurants, Reviews, Recipes, Cooking Tips
Looking for a way to add some crunch to your pasta salad? There’s a trick to this (and no, it’s not adding raw vegetables). Hint: Use this countertop appliance.

Mashed – Fast Food, Celebrity Chefs, Grocery, Reviews

The Alaska State Capitol is seen on Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2025. (Photo by James Brooks/Alaska Beacon)
The Alaska Legislature approved new legislation to ensure greater oversight for Alaska youth in psychiatric facilities, including increased protections for foster youth.
One bill would shorten the deadline for foster youth to receive court hearings after being institutionalized and another would increase reporting requirements for youth in psychiatric institutions, among other provisions.
Lawmakers approved a bill that would shorten the deadline for court hearings for foster youth from 30 days to seven days of being admitted, following high-profile news reports, lawsuits and federal investigations around foster youth languishing for weeks, or even years, in psychiatric facilities. The bill requires youth to have a court appointed attorney, and to have subsequent case reviews by the court every 30 days.
The Alaska House passed House Bill 36 unanimously last year, and the Senate approved the proposal on Saturday by a vote of 19 to 1, with Sen. Rob Yundt, R-Wasilla absent. The bill now moves to Gov. Mike Dunleavy for consideration.
Sen. Forrest Dunbar, D-Anchorage, sponsored the legislation in the Senate and called the legislation part of an effort to address a dark chapter in Alaska history.

“For too long, these placements have occurred with insufficient oversight, limited recourse for the children involved and inadequate advocacy on their behalf,” he said Saturday. “House Bill 36 helps ensure meaningful due process protections for those in foster care.”
The issue was at the center of a lawsuit, Kwinhagak v. State, which reached the Alaska Supreme Court. It focused on the case of a 14-year-old Alaska Native foster youth from Sitka who was hospitalized in North Star Behavioral Health in Anchorage and went 46 days before a court held a hearing on her hospitalization. In 2024, the Supreme Court ruled the time was “far too long to satisfy due process.”
Dunbar quoted the ruling, in part, on the Senate floor. “In its opinion, the court stated, ‘There is no doubt the children in OCS custody are at substantial risk of being hospitalized for longer than they need, or when they do not need to be hospitalized at all,’” he said. “Clarifying the legal protections for a vulnerable population of children in state custody is of the utmost importance.”
The bill also creates a new state license for treatment foster homes, to provide treatment services through Medicaid for youth with medical, behavioral or developmental conditions. Proponents of the bill said it would help create more home-based care, and align with national standards.
Another bill unanimously passed by the Senate on Saturday, House Bill 52, would enact requirements that aim to increase oversight and transparency, and reduce risk of abuse or neglect for all Alaska children in psychiatric facilities. The House approved the bill in April.
Sen. Matt Claman, D-Anchorage, pointed to a 2022 U.S. Department of Justice investigation that found that Alaska children are institutionalized at high rates, in part due to a lack of community-based services. “These findings demonstrate an urgent need for transparency and parent guardian involvement at the psychiatric hospitals that serve Alaskan youth with behavioral health care needs,” Claman said on Saturday.
The legislation — now also on Gov. Dunleavy’s desk — would require all Alaska minors in psychiatric facilities have access to confidential communication with parents or legal guardians for two hours per week. The facility must facilitate that communication.
The bill would require the Alaska Department of Health to conduct unannounced inspections of psychiatric facilities in the state twice a year, including interviews with at least half of the minor patients, and make an annual report to the Legislature.
All facilities would be required to report their use of seclusion or restraints on minors — including physical, mechanical or chemical restraints — to the state each year, and to minors’ parents or legal guardians within 72 hours. “Chemical restraint” would be defined in the law as a medication used to control the behavior or restrict the freedom of a patient, not a medication used to treat an underlying psychiatric illness.

Rep. Maxine Dibert, D-Fairbanks and the bill’s sponsor, highlighted Alaska’s unique history, and particular legacy of trauma for Alaska Native children forced into institutional settings.
“The institutionalization of children with behavioral health challenges can last weeks, months, or even years,” Dibert said in a statement introducing the bill. “Such long-term placement is devastating for all families and is especially traumatic for Alaska Native families who experienced the harm of family separation when the government forcibly removed their loved ones and sent them to boarding schools.”
Lawmakers in the House amended the bill to include a requirement for the state to conduct wellness checks on youth when conducting facility inspections. If inspectors found incidents of abuse or neglect, they would be required to report them to parents or guardians, state authorities and law enforcement. Members of the Senate Finance Committee removed the provision citing confidentiality concerns and pointed to mandated reporting requirements for instances of abuse already in place. Some members of the all-Republican minority opposed the changes, and voted against the bill.
The House voted to approve the changes made by the Senate by a vote of 26 to 14, and passed the bill on Sunday.
If approved by the governor, the bill would be enacted in July 2027.
SUBSCRIBE: GET THE MORNING HEADLINES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX.
Christopher Abbott is counting his blessings.
The Poor Things star spoke out for the first time on preparing to welcome a baby with Aubrey Plaza after she revealed her pregnancy in April.
During…
E! Online (US) – Top Stories
Venezuela Fury’s wedding looked like a big hit.
The daughter of world heavyweight champion boxer Tyson Fury tied the knot with fellow boxer Noah Price in a wedding ceremony on May 16, surrounded…
E! Online (US) – Top Stories
Brazil hasn’t won a World Cup since 2002. That’s hardly a fun fact, that’s a giant wound for this proud footballing nation. They’re the five-time world champions who have spent the last 24 years arriving at tournaments as contenders and leaving with disappointment. Something had to change, and that something is Carlo Ancelotti, a man who has won everything in club football (as both a manager and player) and whose resting face has never once suggested he’s worried about anything. As the first non-Brazilian in charge of the Seleção, the Italian-born Ancelotti will expect this 26-man squad to finally break that title drought. Here are my takeaways: 1. Neymar + 25 = Sixth Star? When Ancelotti announced Neymar had made the Seleção during Monday’s glitzy event in Rio de Janeiro, he received more applause than any other player. Neymar hasn’t played for Brazil since October 2023. He tore his ACL against Uruguay, had surgery, experienced complications, returned to Santos, and has been the biggest topic of conversation in the Brazilian media in the months leading up to this roster decision. He is, after all, a living legend. So here he is. Six goals and four assists in 2026 with Santos. Casemiro and Raphinha – even his Argentina rival and former Barcelona teammate Lionel Messi – all publicly lobbied for him to be on the team. Ancelotti himself acknowledged that Neymar is much loved, not just by the players but by the public. The logic for bringing him onto the squad feels more emotional than anything else. But tournament football isn’t just about logic. Even though he is in the twilight of his career, Neymar is the greatest Brazilian footballer produced in the last 15 years. Ancelotti has made his decision. This is Neymar’s last World Cup. The only question is whether he’s coming for a cameo appearance or as a protagonist. 2. Ancelotti Finally Gives Brazil Permission To Defend Brazil’s defensive record in the last four World Cups has been a big issue. That should no longer be a problem. Gabriel Magalhães and Marquinhos are one of the best center back pairings in international football. Gabriel has been the best defender in the Premier League this season with Arsenal, while Paris Saint-Germain stalwart Marquinhos spent a decade being one of the most reliable on the planet at his position. These names aren’t as exciting as goalscorers like Vinícius Jr. or Raphinha. They don’t go viral for “Jogo Bonito”. But you know what they do? They win headers. They read passing lanes and anticipate movements. The Gabriel and Marquinhos duo will be as important as anyone else on the team. If an injury occurs, and considering Real Madrid’s Éder Militão will already miss the tournament, the very capable Bremer from Juventus can step in without a significant drop in quality. A solid defense in turn helps the attack. When Vini Jr. and Raphinha get to play with a lead, it fundamentally changes the way they operate. Suddenly, there’s space for them in behind to make runs and take on a stretched defense that’s forced to attack. Ancelotti, who built his Real Madrid dynasty on balance, knows this better than anyone. He’ll be a pragmatist for Brazil in a positive sense. 3. Vinícius Jr. Is Carrying The Weight Of 215 Million People The players who were children when O Fenômeno Ronaldo scored twice in the 2002 World Cup final are now adults who have spent their entire lives waiting for that euphoria to return. Vinicius’ club season with Real Madrid was fine, but certainly not his best. What Brazil needs is the version of Vinícius who nearly won the Ballon d’Or and makes dribbling through defenses seem like a mix of sorcery and ballet. That version exists, we’ve seen it. The question is whether this historic moment inspires him to perform at his best. The great ones have risen to the pressure. Ronaldo in 2002. Zidane in 1998. Messi eventually found a way with Argentina in 2022 (though it took him the scenic route to get there). Vinícius doesn’t have forever. He has this summer. The good news is Vini Jr. has previously thrived under Ancelotti at Real Madrid. There is precedent here for a way to find his best form at the world’s most important football tournament. 4. Don’t Sleep On The Midfield Everyone will have their eyes on Vini Jr., Neymar and Raphinha. That’s understandable. But the engine that actually determines how far Brazil go is the midfield, and it is significantly better than anyone outside Brazil is giving it credit for. Bruno Guimarães has been one of the best midfielders in the Premier League for two seasons running. He intercepts, recycles, presses relentlessly. He’s the kind of player you only notice when he’s not there. Then there’s the technically gifted Luis Paquetá who is back at Flamengo and in great form. He’s a player who can dribble, pass and has that Brazilian flair that makes the game look so easy. Finally, there’s Casemiro. Written off by some after a difficult spell at Manchester United, he still reads the game very well and has the tactical know-how for this system. Ancelotti knows him better than most, and has given him the confidence to anchor the midfield once again. Tournament football is won and lost in midfield. Brazil’s happens to be world-class.Latest Sports News from FOX Sports
In a game that turned into a shootout against the Orlando Storm, Dallas quarterback Austin Reed found himself in a scramble drill with his team trailing 17-10. Rolling to his right, tight end Seth Green broke off his route and got vertical in a hurry. Reed spotted Green open and delivered a gorgeous pass that became Green’s first receiving touchdown of the season during FOX Sports’ “Hats Off to Heroes” UFL game. Green made the catch in front of U.S. Army service members, including his father, Colonel Bryan Green, who was on the sideline to witness the touchdown. “He’s a hero, whether it’s in the Army or at home,” Seth Green told FOX Sports’ Jenny Taft. “Whether he’s taking care of us, leading us, leading the house, there’s never a question of how much love he has for his boys. That’s just a blessing.” Moments like that are what make the United Football League special. With that, here are my latest UFL Power Rankings: Week 8 result: Lost to Orlando, 31-24 Current odds to win 2026 title: +4500 The Renegades now have the dubious distinction of being ranked both No. 1 and last in the UFL Power Rankings this season after a fifth straight loss. It’s hard to believe this team once looked like the class of the UFL, and now they might miss the playoffs entirely. Week 8 result: Lost to Birmingham, 14-3Current odds to win 2026 title: +30000 The Aviators had two chances late to claw their way back into contention, but the league’s top rushing team could not pick up a tough yard when it needed one against what has become the hottest team in the UFL. The Aviators face the Stallions next and need a win to keep their playoff hopes alive. Week 8 result: Defeated St. Louis, 23-16Current odds to win 2026 title: +7500 The Gamblers might have found their form at just the right time, picking up a win over one of the league’s top teams. All is not lost for Kevin Sumlin’s squad, and two more wins could be enough to secure one of the UFL’s three remaining playoff spots. Week 8 result: Defeated DC, 33-30Current odds to win 2026 title: +800 The Kings earned a statement win over the defending UFL champions. While they don’t control their own destiny, they still have an excellent chance to secure a playoff spot with two more wins. If they can pull that off, they’ll enter the postseason on a four-game winning streak and with enough momentum to become a trendy pick to win the UFL title. Week 8 result: Defeated Columbus, 14-3Current odds to win 2026 title: +900 No team has benefited more from a change at quarterback this season than Birmingham, which has won three straight and now controls its own destiny in the UFL playoff race. The Stallions also own the tiebreaker over the Kings, meaning they’ll clinch a playoff spot if they win out. Week 8 result: Lost to Louisville, 33-30Current odds to win 2026 title: +170 The Defenders are one of two teams with some breathing room in the playoff race with two games remaining — though it’s not much. If DC drops one of its final two games and the Kings win out, the Defenders could miss the playoffs because Louisville owns the head-to-head tiebreaker. Week 8 result: Lost to Houston, 23-16Current odds to win 2026 title: +300 The loss was St. Louis’ first at home and came at a particularly inopportune time. Like the Defenders, the Battlehawks missed a chance to clinch a playoff berth and now must play their best football over the final two weeks of the season to secure their postseason place. A win next week would allow St. Louis to breathe a little easier. Week 8 result: Defeated Dallas, 31-24Current odds to win 2026 title: +250 The Storm were the only team with a chance to clinch a playoff spot in Week 8 that came away with a win. For Anthony Becht, it marks a third consecutive trip to the professional spring football postseason. Only former Stallions coach Skip Holtz has made more consecutive postseason appearances in pro spring football with four.Latest Sports News from FOX Sports
lead image
Politics