Not everyone who experiences sudden weight loss is automatically using Ozempic. In fact, these celebrities attest that they shed pounds without using GLP-1s.

Health Digest – Health News, Wellness, Expert Insights
Not everyone who experiences sudden weight loss is automatically using Ozempic. In fact, these celebrities attest that they shed pounds without using GLP-1s.

Health Digest – Health News, Wellness, Expert Insights
It’s weeks like this that prove the NFL doesn’t really have an offseason. NFL free agency may have stalled, with teams waiting for June 1 to manage their compensatory picks. But the draft news is ramping up, with the first round next Thursday. Surely, we’ll start to see smokescreens and misdirection. And maybe we’ll see a blockbuster trade or two. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Let’s assess what happened around the NFL this past week. This is “Sound Smart,” where I try to spin forward, dive deeper and think outside the box. If I do my job, you’ll have a better understanding of what’s happening this NFL offseason. 1. IF THERE’S ONE THING YOU SHOULD KNOW, IT’S THAT… You can blame Patrick Mahomes for the lack of fanfare around Fernando Mendoza. Nine years after the Chiefs drafted Patrick Mahomes No. 10 overall, his selection is still changing the landscape of the NFL. It’s a tremendous compliment to how much the Kansas City quarterback has achieved. In a roundabout way, I think Mahomes’ resounding success is the reason why there’s limited hype around Mendoza, the presumptive No. 1 pick this year. Let’s flash back to 2019, when Tom Brady last won a Super Bowl with the Patriots. He was the gold standard. Pocket quarterbacks were the status quo, and mobile QBs seemed to be a trend. At the NFL Combine, players often compared themselves to Brady — admittedly drawing eye rolls in the process. But now? College quarterbacks want to compare themselves to Mahomes, Josh Allen and other mobile QBs. That’s not Mendoza. He’s more of a Brady type — a pocket quarterback. (Mendoza’s style is most comparable to Detroit’s Jared Goff or former longtime Falcons QB Matt Ryan.) Make no mistake: Mendoza is deserving of that No. 1 spot. But there seems to be a lack of fanfare around him, and I think it’s because everyone is so accustomed to dual-threat QBs (Cam Ward, Caleb Williams, Bryce Young or Trevor Lawrence) going in that top spot. “[Mahomes] definitely inspired a lot of people to find a guy like that,” an NFL GM told me. “I think everybody’s trying to kind of get away from the stationary quarterback — the traditional pocket quarterback — because of the way these defensive fronts are nowadays. You have to have somebody that can move around the pocket, have feeling around the pocket, and then extend plays and create with their legs if need be. “So, yeah, I would say, in that breath, maybe [Mahomes] did change the mindset of some coaches and some evaluators.” 2. MONDAY MORNING CONTROVERSY — AVERTED Lamar Jackson showed up for offseason workouts, which is a sign of good things to come for Baltimore. Finally, the Ravens can enjoy a positive storyline. Seriously, a thing happened in Baltimore that wasn’t controversial. It has been a tumultuous offseason for the Ravens, who fired longtime head coach John Harbaugh and replaced him with first-time head coach Jesse Minter. It could be a great hire, but it is, no doubt, controversial. The Ravens then began the process of trading for superstar edge rusher Maxx Crosby — before backing out. The medical information didn’t check out, they said, so Crosby was returned to the Raiders and Baltimore signed free-agent Trey Hendrickson. Again, it could be a great move, but it is also controversial. Let’s not shy away from highlighting the good items along with the controversy. Two-time NFL MVP quarterback Lamar Jackson showed up for voluntary offseason workouts, which he skipped last year. Jackson is due for a new contract, and he’s still building a relationship with Minter and new offensive coordinator Declan Doyle. So it’s a big deal that he was present for the voluntary portion. Last year, Jackson had his worst regular season since 2021. Just as important, his organization is trying to build something new — and very much around him. He needed to be there. 3. EVERYONE’S AFRAID TO SAY If Kirk Cousins was initially avoiding the Raiders, I’d understand why. Quarterback competitions are rarely fair, if ever. So, I can understand why it took so long for Kirk Cousins to land with the Las Vegas Raiders. It was, after all, reported almost immediately after his release by the Falcons on March 11 that he would be a Raider. But the veteran quarterback took his time to be 100% sure that Las Vegas was the best place for him. And that difficulty probably has very little to do with anyone currently on the Raiders. It has everything to do with the guy who’s about to be a Raider: Mendoza. In fact, Las Vegas might be a good football team in 2026. It would defy what we know about the Raiders, generally speaking, because the organization has won 10 games (or more) just one time since 2017. But if you look simply at their offense — which is often the key to a big turnaround (like what the Patriots and Bears did last year) — then you’ll see reason for optimism. Running back Ashton Jeanty was one of the best prospects in last year’s draft, and there’s still hope for him. Brock Bowers is the best tight end in the NFL at just 23 years old. New head coach Klint Kubiak was the best offensive coordinator in football last year. Center Tyler Linderbaum was the best offensive lineman on the free agent market. Whether it’s additions or returners, there’s a lot to like about the Raiders. Even while the situation is murky at QB, it’s the good kind of uncertainty. Las Vegas should have a difficult decision to make in September because it has a healthy competition between Cousins and the projected No. 1 overall pick, Mendoza. Which gets me back to my original point: QB competitions are rarely fair. Tom Brady has made it clear that he doesn’t want Mendoza to start right away. And Cousins is a legit option to make that plan happen. Together, they can try to do what, historically speaking, hardly ever happens: have the No. 1 pick begin his NFL career as a backup quarterback. But it would be anomalous. Cousins must know that. And so it made sense that he didn’t want to jump at being a likely backup for the Raiders. “I honestly don’t want to start unless I’m the best option, and I told Klint that,” Cousins told reporters last Wednesday. “The best player should play. As long as that’s the case, I have no qualms about however it plays out. I do think Fernando is going to be a great addition to our team. I think he’s going to have a great future in our league. “I have no problem being a voice in the room to help him to the degree I can. He’s going to have great support around him with the coaching staff. But to be able to watch a veteran quarterback go through his habits and routines and process, that can be a great asset for him.” Cousins seems to understand his role for the Raiders in 2026. He might know — well before Las Vegas realizes it — that he is not likely to hold off Mendoza for long. The top pick in the draft is almost always a Week 1 starter. [How a ‘Life-Giving’ FaceTime with Tom Brady Helped Kirk Cousins Sign with Raiders] 4. PEELING BACK THE CURTAIN Two NFL Draft prospects are trying to allay injury concerns and land in the top 10. There might not be two prospects with more important medical information than receiver Jordyn Tyson and tackle Francis Mauigoa. And that’s why we’re seeing them both make late pushes to get the necessary information in front of NFL teams. In the case of Tyson, he has decided to host a workout for NFL teams on April 17 — just one week before the draft. Last season at Arizona State, Tyson suffered a hamstring injury in mid-October and missed three games. He also sat out of drills at the NFL Combine and ASU Pro Day. It’s rare to see a hamstring injury drag on this long, but Tyson has maintained he’s healthy and will be ready to play. This workout could go a long way in confirming that. And because there’s a lot of parity between the top three receivers in this draft class (from Carnell Tate to Makai Lemon to Tyson), it could go so far as to thrust him into a spot as the top receiver. [Ranking the Top 10 Wide Receivers in the 2026 NFL Draft] With Mauigoa, he did a medical recheck last Friday to address concerns regarding a back injury that gave him issues at the end of last season at Miami. Teams must have come away from the combine feeling like the medicals left them with questions. So Mauigoa’s recheck is an effort to answer those questions — and land in the top 10 on April 23.Latest Sports News from FOX Sports
Nostalgia comes for us all eventually, and for Boomers, there’s one particular ceramic frog that has the power to send people back in time, just by sight.

Food Republic – Restaurants, Reviews, Recipes, Cooking Tips

Ebony Riley has launched the pre-order for her debut album Beautiful Tragedy, unveiling the project’s official artwork and sharing a new track, “Through The Motions (Interlude).” The rollout also includes a black-and-white trailer introducing the themes and imagery behind the album.
The newly revealed artwork shows Riley seated atop a pile of garments, referencing her background in fashion while signaling a shift toward her work as a recording artist. The image connects her earlier career with her current focus on music, drawing a line between those two chapters. Fans who pre-order the album receive immediate access to “Through The Motions (Interlude),” a short piece built around a voicemail from a loved one that offers an early look at the project’s tone.
Riley also released an accompanying trailer for Beautiful Tragedy. The visual follows her running before stopping and embracing a young girl watching archival footage of Riley on a television. The clips include moments from her childhood, early performances, and training, presenting a narrative that reflects the personal experiences behind the album. The sequence concludes with the album title, setting the framework for the project’s story.
The announcement follows a period of momentum for the Detroit-born singer. Her 2025 single “Only You” reached No. 15 on Billboard’s Adult R&B Airplay chart. She continued into 2026 with “HONEST,” produced by Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins. Before focusing fully on music, Riley built a career in modeling, appearing in campaigns for major fashion houses.
Listen to Ebony Riley’s “Through The Motions (Interlude)” here.
Discover more about the world’s greatest R&B artists | uDiscover Music
Thomas Rhett talks parenthood and why he and his wife Lauren don’t plan to have more children after the birth of their son Brave this year. Continue reading…The Boot – Country Music News, Music Videos and Songs
Thomas Rhett talks parenthood and why he and his wife Lauren don’t plan to have more children after the birth of their son Brave this year. Continue reading…Country Music News – Taste of Country
Reading Time: 3 minutes
In early March, Britney Spears’ DUI arrest was a wake-up call for her.
Amidst a frenzy of media coverage, she’s doing something very smart for herself.
Britney has checked into rehab.
That’s a brave choice for anyone — but especially for someone who was, for so many years, controlled and medicated against her will.

On Sunday, April 12, a representative for Britney confirmed to Page Six that the beloved singer has voluntarily checked herself into a treatment facility.
Celebrity Intelligence with Dan Wakeford was the first to report that she was seeking treatment.
She is in rehab for substance abuse following her March 4 DUI charge.
We do not know what the duration of her stay at the facility will be.
But everyone feels very encouraged that Britney is doing the right thing for herself.

In the weeks following Britney’s DUI arrest, she has received a lot of support.
Her young adult sons, Sean Preston and Jayden James, have supported their mom, spending time with her.
Britney herself reportedly saw the event as a wake-up call — and felt deeply embarrassed.
Obviously, anyone would feel humiliated if they spent the night in jail on a charge like this.
But Britney knows that she has millions of eyes on her. That magnifies just about everything, including feelings of shame.

Some have asked — as we so often ask when it comes to wealthy celebrities and driving-related infractions — why someone with that level of money is driving themselves at all.
Britney, however, is an exception.
For most of her adult life, Britney was under strict control. Her diet was regulated, her vacations had to be approved, and she was unable to drive her own cars.
It’s true that Britney driving has led to her arrest. And that sucks!
But, though we hope that she will hire a driver in the future (just to be safe), we can understand why she wanted to be behind the wheel by herself after so many years of being forced to be a passenger princess.
Relatedly, Britney attending rehab is a huge step — and probably a very scary decision for her to make.
For years, she could not make her own medical choices. This included being medicated and institutionalized against her will.
With years and years of medical trauma, the idea of “rehab” probably sounds like another gilded cage in Britney’s mind.
The good news is that wealthy celebrities checking themselves into rehab is very different from a conservator doing so on their behalf.
We’re so happy for Britney. It’s good that she recognized that she needed treatment and is taking this step to improve her life.

Some have cynically suggested that Britney is only checking herself into a treatment facility in preparation for her court date.
Britney is due to appear before the judge on May 4 — yes, Star Wars day — over her DUI charge.
It is possible that her legal team advised her to take this step as a calculated move to show that she’s getting help.
But, if so … then she’s still getting help. And that’s great.
Unlike most celebrities her age, Britney was locked down for most of her adult life. This means that she’s playing catch-up on living as an adult. We’re glad that no one’s been harmed along the way.
Britney Spears Checks Into Rehab Weeks After DUI Arrest was originally published on The Hollywood Gossip.
The Hollywood Gossip
Yep, he’s playing to small crowds and dang proud of it. Here’s why. Continue reading…The Boot – Country Music News, Music Videos and Songs
Yep, he’s playing to small crowds and dang proud of it. Here’s why. Continue reading…Country Music News – Taste of Country
McDonald’s employees get all kinds of custom order requests, but there’s one they can’t stand. Don’t be the customer that makes this special request.

Food Republic – Restaurants, Reviews, Recipes, Cooking Tips