People gather near the post office during a protest, Sunday, Jan. 18, 2026, in Minneapolis. (AP Photo/Yuki Iwamura)
AP- The Pentagon has ordered about 1,500 active duty soldiers to be ready in case of a possible deployment to Minnesota, where federal authorities have been conducting a massive immigration enforcement operation, two defense officials said Sunday.
The officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive military plans, said two infantry battalions of the Army’s 11th Airborne Division have been given prepare-to-deploy orders. The unit is based in Alaska and specializes in operating in arctic conditions.
One defense official said the troops are standing by to deploy to Minnesota should President Donald Trump invoke the Insurrection Act, a rarely used 19th century law that would allow him to employ active duty troops as law enforcement.
The move comes just days after Trump threatened to do just that to quell protests against his administration’s immigration crackdown.
In an emailed statement, Pentagon chief spokesman Sean Parnell did not deny the orders were issued and said the military “is always prepared to execute the orders of the Commander-in-Chief if called upon.”
ABC News was the first to report the development.
On Thursday, Trump said in a social media post that he would invoke the 1807 law “if the corrupt politicians of Minnesota don’t obey the law and stop the professional agitators and insurrectionists from attacking the Patriots of I.C.E., who are only trying to do their job.”
He appeared to walk back the threat a day later, telling reporters at the White House that there wasn’t a reason to use it “right now.”
“If I needed it, I’d use it,” Trump said. “It’s very powerful.”
Trump has repeatedly threatened to invoke the Insurrection Act throughout both of his terms. In 2020 he threatened to use it to quell protests after George Floyd was killed by Minneapolis police, and in recent months he threatened to use it for immigration protests.
The law was most recently invoked by President George H.W. Bush in 1992 to end unrest in Los Angeles after the acquittal of four white police officers in the beating of Rodney King.
Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, a Democrat and frequent target of Trump, has urged the president to refrain from sending in more troops.
“I’m making a direct appeal to the President: Let’s turn the temperature down. Stop this campaign of retribution. This is not who we are,” Walz said last week on social media.
For many months, people have wondered what Victoria and David could have possibly done to drive their eldest son into going no-contact with them.
Now, he’s laid it all out in the open. Even just the incidents surrounding his 2022 wedding are jaw-droppingly awful.
Brooklyn and Victoria Beckham attend the Victoria Beckham x YouTube Fashion & Beauty After Party on February 17, 2019. (Photo Credit: Victor Boyko/Getty Images for YouTube)
The fact that he’s spoken to his parents at all after his wedding is extremely gracious
On Monday, January 19, Brooklyn penned a lengthy explanation of his beef with his famous parents.
The 26-year-old confirmed existing reporting that one of the key points of contention was his mother, Spice Girls alum Victoria Beckham, misbehaving at his April 2022 wedding.
“My mum hijacked my first dance with my wife,” he wrote. It was a dance “which had been planned weeks in advance to a romantic love song.”
Brooklyn recalled: “In front of our 500 wedding guests, Marc Anthony called me to the stage.”
He continued: “Where in the schedule was planned to be my romantic dance with my wife but instead my mum was waiting to dance with me.” This sounds like a psychological horror film.
In his Instagram Story, Brooklyn Beckham described his mother hijacking his wedding — specifically, his first dance with his wife. This unforgivable act was, he says, just one of many. (Image Credit: Instagram)
“She danced very inappropriately on me in front of everyone,” Brooklyn described. “I’ve never felt more uncomfortable or humiliated in my entire life.”
This Carrie-at-the-prom moment sounds genuinely traumatic. Even an “appropriate” wedding hijacking can ruin the day.
Brooklyn added that he and his wife, Nicola, “wanted to renew our vows.” They did so in 2025.
He explained that they did this so we could create new memories of our wedding day that bring us joy and happiness” instead of “anxiety and embarrassment.”
If your silly prank is so ruinous that someone needs a wedding do-over, you shouldn’t really expect them to talk to you again. Especially if it’s only one piece of a long, ugly story.
Cruz Beckham, Nicola Peltz Beckham, Victoria Beckham, and Brooklyn Peltz Beckham attend the premiere of “Lola” at Regency Bruin Theatre on February 03, 2024. (Photo Credit: Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)
He’s only speaking out because, otherwise, his parents control the narrative
There are no actual public videos of Victoria’s alleged total violation of her son’s wedding.
People had even dismissed reports of this exact thing taking place, in that it sounds like the behavior of a madwoman or the over-the-top antics of a soap opera villainess.
Few had imagined that it might be true. Unfortunately, that was only the beginning.
Around the time of Brooklyn and Nicola’s wedding, reports claimed that Nicola had rejected one of her mother-in-law’s designs for her wedding dress.
Nicola denied that publicly. She simply said that the atelier couldn’t complete the dress in time. It was tasteful and diplomatic. But, Brooklyn shared, it was not the whole truth.
No, Brooklyn Beckham does not wish to reconcile with his parents. Given the rest of his Instagram Story posts, that sounds very reasonable. (Image Credit: Instagram)
According to Brooklyn, his mother was going to make Nicola’s dress — but backed out “in the eleventh hour.”
He complained that both of his parents have been “trying endlessly to ruin” his relationship, seemingly both before and after they married. Even the night before the wedding, they allegedly emphasized to him that Nicola is “not blood” and “not family.”
The Beckham family brand also came into play, with his parents allegedly trying to pressure him into signing away the rights to his name in order for a larger payout.
“They have never treated me the same since” he refused, Brooklyn reported.
The Beckhams are sometimes regarded as the UK’s other royal family. The comparisons between Brooklyn and Prince Harry are obvious.
Brooklyn Beckham and Prince Harry out there reading Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents and I am in favour of it.
Honestly? Good for him to standing up for himself (but we’re sorry that he had to)
Brooklyn grew up in a spotlight that he never chose for himself.
His parents are intensely famous, are politically connected (David has been at Davos this where billionaires are scheming about the economy), and give the impression that the family brand has taken precedence over their son.
We’re sure that Victoria and David love their son. We’re equally sure that it’s clearly not enough.
Some adult children will simply put up with who their parents are and how they misbehave. Not all will.
If you want a continuing relationship with your kids, you should make better choices. A sense of parental entitlement can only go so far.
If strange food laws enter the chat, some wacky claims may come into play. We have the real answer about what law-abiding Minnesota dwellers can eat and when.
Mashed – Fast Food, Celebrity Chefs, Grocery, Reviews
Nothing beats a gas station hot dog, but it’s important to keep an eye out for telltale signs that let you know whether that frank is actually safe to eat.
In the world of country music, rumors swirl like a summer storm; this latest one has a rising star setting the record straight. Continue reading…The Boot – Country Music News, Music Videos and Songs