Categories
Entertainment

Chloe Bailey Addresses Weight Fluctuation After Swimsuit Video Comment

Chloe BaileyChloe Bailey had mercy on her comment section.
After the 28-year-old shared a video of herself participating in a dance challenge for her song “Better Than She Can,” in which she’s rocking a…
​E! Online (US) – Top Stories

Categories
Alaska News

In Italy, beach umbrellas are serious business

In early June, government officials in Sardinia announced a new ordinance that restricts the use of umbrellas at Punta Molentis Beach for everyone between the … Read moreThe post In Italy, beach umbrellas are serious business appeared first on Food…

Categories
Entertainment

Savannah Guthrie Issues Final Plea to Mother’s Kidnappers: Please ‘Do the …

Reading Time: 2 minutes

It’s been nearly six months since Nancy Guthrie disappeared from her home in Tucson.

And now, her daughter, Savannah Guthrie, is once again asking for help as the search for her mother approaches the half-year mark.

The Today show anchor shared an emotional video on Instagram this week, directly addressing the person or people responsible for her 84-year-old mother’s disappearance.

Savannah Guthrie speaks onstage during Savannah Guthrie in Conversation with Hoda Kotb: Reflections on Faith at 92NY on February 22, 2024 in New York City.
Savannah Guthrie speaks onstage during Savannah Guthrie in Conversation with Hoda Kotb: Reflections on Faith at 92NY on February 22, 2024 in New York City. (Photo by Dia Dipasupil/Getty Images)

In the video, Guthrie pleaded for compassion and urged anyone involved to reveal Nancy’s whereabouts.

“We are living through a nightmare that will not end,” Savannah said, adding that it is “never too late to do the right thing.”

She asked the parties responsible to tell her family “where to look for her” and said they continue to hope for Nancy’s safe return.

Savannah captioned the post simply, “Bring her home.”

Nancy Guthrie disappeared from her home in the Catalina Foothills near Tucson, Arizona, on February 1.

Investigators have said evidence at the residence suggested she did not leave voluntarily, and authorities have treated the case as a suspected kidnapping. The FBI and the Pima County Sheriff’s Department continue to investigate.

According to investigators, surveillance footage captured a masked individual outside Nancy’s home around the time of her disappearance.

Authorities have also examined multiple ransom notes sent during the investigation, though officials have indicated that some messages may not be authentic. No arrests have been announced.

Savannah has remained outspoken throughout the investigation, using both her national television platform and social media to keep attention on the case.

Earlier this year, her family announced a $1 million reward for information leading to Nancy’s recovery, while the FBI has also offered a separate reward for information that assists the investigation.

Despite the passage of nearly six months, Guthrie’s latest message made clear that her family has not given up hope.

“Please,” she said in the video. “Tell us where to look for her. Bring her home.”

Savannah is currently on hiatus from Today as she focuses on filming a new game show based on the popular word game Wordle.

We will have further updates on this developing story as new information becomes available.

Savannah Guthrie Issues Final Plea to Mother’s Kidnappers: Please ‘Do the … was originally published on The Hollywood Gossip.

​The Hollywood Gossip

Categories
Alaska News

A new policy could deny an immigration application based on the use of government benefits by a close relative.

Post Content

Categories
Alaska News

Trump administration changes to ‘public charge’ rule could keep millions of immigrants – and their US citizen kids – from getting healthcare they need

A new policy could deny an immigration application based in part on the use of government benefits by a close relative.

Categories
Alaska News

In the past few years, the Trump administration and state legislatures have restricted trans people’s rights and protections, from access to healthcare to passports.

Post Content

Categories
Alaska News

How the Trump administration’s rhetoric promotes anti-transgender views

How invented threats, provocative language and repulsive imagery contribute to declining support for transgender people and other marginalized groups.

Categories
Entertainment

Suri Legally Ditches Tom Cruise’s Last Name: What’s Her New Surname?

Reading Time: 3 minutes

Over a dozen years later, Katie Holmes has thoroughly moved on from the Tom Cruise chapter of her life.

So has her daughter.

Continuing the pattern of celebrity kids reaching adulthood and ditching the surnames of their dads who were really hot in the early 1990s, Suri has a new legal name.

There’s no “Cruise” in sight. And, interestingly, no “Holmes.”

Tom Cruise in April 2026.
Tom Cruise promotes the upcoming film “Digger” on April 14, 2026. (Photo Credit: Gabe Ginsberg/Getty Images)

It’s official!

Page Six reports that Suri registered to vote during her freshman year at Carnegie Mellon University.

What makes this very standard activity — particularly for an election year (Suri was a freshman in autumn 2024) — remarkable is that voter registrations must be under one’s legal name.

She is registered to vote as “Suri Noelle.” That is the same name that she used in a pamphlet at the end of high school.

Registering to vote like this can only mean that Suri has changed her legal name.

Ditching the “Cruise” surname makes sense. Notably, she has done this very quietly while leading a relatively normal life.

The report mentions that Suri did not file for her name change in Allegheny County.

From that, most conclude that she likely sought her name change in New York — before she left for college.

Having a legal name change carries many advantages.

Only one of which is not having to explain to multiple professors, resident advisors, and more why you’d prefer to not have your former name read aloud to a room full of your peers and potential friends.

That has broad applications even if your former surname wasn’t “Cruise.” It was smart of Suri to seek this change beforehand — possibly right after she turned 18.

She’s following Katie Holmes’ example (and saying very little)

Those of us old enough to remember Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah’s couch likely do not need a reminder of how things ended with Katie Holmes.

In 2012, Holmes filed to divorce Cruise after 6 years of marriage.

Divorcing Cruise is a notoriously daunting prospect. To this day, Nicole Kidman avoids speaking ill of Cruise or of Scientology, which some governments have branded as a predatory business rather than as a “religion.”

Holmes has not been outspoken about her erstwhile marriage or about her experiences during that time.

However, in December of 2024, she did confirm that Suri did not have a trust fund from her estranged father. (There were reports of such a fund, which Holmes denied.)

TMZ reports that, according to their source, Suri has been estranged from her father since she was 7 years old.

With that in mind, the 2024 revelation that she’d used “Suri Noelle” towards the end of high school made a lot of sense.

Only now do we have confirmation that she made this change legally.

Celebrity kids could have any number of reasons to obfuscate a famous — or infamous — parent’s surname. Cruise is both famous and infamous.

But to do this legally seems pretty personal.

It’s easy to ask if Tom Cruise ever cared about her. But many would argue that the best thing that he ever did for Suri was vanishing from her life.

Suri Legally Ditches Tom Cruise’s Last Name: What’s Her New Surname? was originally published on The Hollywood Gossip.

​The Hollywood Gossip

Categories
Entertainment

Why McDonald’s Pioneer Ray Kroc Almost Rejected The Egg McMuffin

The egg McMuffin almost didn’t make it onto McDonald’s menu, due to its unorthodox appearance and unusual nod to breakfast, but it saved the business.

​Mashed – Fast Food, Celebrity Chefs, Grocery, Reviews

Categories
Alaska News

Mamdani vows 30% lower prices at NYC grocery stores

(The Center Square) — New Yorkers will get access to sharply discounted items at the city’s future municipally-owned grocery stores, under a new initiative unveiled Monday by New York City Mayor Zohran Mamdani.