Categories
Hip Hop

Boxer Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Arrested By ICE Over Explosive DHS Allegations

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. was taken into custody by federal immigration agents on Wednesday (July 3) in Los Angeles, just days after losing a high-profile boxing match to Jake Paul, due to a series of criminal convictions and alleged cartel ties that led to his expedited removal proceedings.

The Department of Homeland Security confirmed Thursday (July 3) that Chavez is being processed for deportation after overstaying his visa and submitting what authorities described as “multiple fraudulent statements” in his application for permanent residency. The former WBC middleweight champion entered the U.S. legally in August 2023 on a B2 tourist visa, which expired in February 2024.

Chavez, 38, was convicted earlier this year in Los Angeles for possessing an assault weapon and for manufacturing or importing a short-barreled rifle. He also has a 2012 DUI conviction in the U.S. and an active arrest warrant in Mexico tied to alleged arms trafficking for the Sinaloa Cartel, according to DHS.

In April, Chavez applied for a green card based on his marriage to a U.S. citizen. However, DHS officials said his spouse had prior ties to the Sinaloa Cartel through a relationship with the deceased son of cartel leader Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman.

By December 2024, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services flagged Chavez as “an egregious public safety threat” and referred his case to ICE. Despite that, DHS noted that “an entry in a DHS law enforcement system under the Biden administration indicated Chavez was not an immigration enforcement priority.”

Chavez reentered the U.S. in January 2024 through the San Ysidro port of entry. DHS determined on June 27 that he was in the country unlawfully and subject to removal.

“It is shocking the previous administration flagged this criminal illegal alien as a public safety threat, but chose to not prioritize his removal and let him leave and COME BACK into our country,” Assistant Secretary Tricia McLaughlin said in a statement. “Under President Trump, no one is above the law—including world-famous athletes.”

McLaughlin added, “Our message to any cartel affiliates in the U.S. is clear: We will find you and you will face consequences. The days of unchecked cartel violence are over.”

Chavez’s arrest came just four days after his loss to Paul at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California. Paul won the 10-round bout by unanimous decision, earning his first official ranking at No. 14 in the WBA cruiserweight division.

Chavez is the son of Julio Cesar Chavez, a boxing icon who held world titles in four weight classes.

Chavez was deemed removable from the United States on June 27.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

China Walker, Member Of Twin Rap Duo Cam & China, Dies After Private Cancer Battle

China Walker, one half of the acclaimed twin rap duo Cam & China, has died at the age of 30. She privately fought a two-year battle with a rare and aggressive form of ovarian cancer. Her family confirmed her passing week.

Cam Walker, her twin sister and rap partner, shared the news late Wednesday (July 2) via Instagram. She posted a photo holding China’s hand, believed to be from her final moments.

“Most don’t know, China has been fighting a rare aggressive ovarian cancer for 2 years,” Cam wrote. “Tonight, she transitioned and is now resting peacefully. Give me time to grieve in peace, but know she loved all our supporters.”

She added a message urging followers to stay connected with loved ones. “Check on yo people, you never know what they are going thru until it’s too late,” she said.

The Inglewood-based duo rose to prominence in 2016 with their self-titled debut EP, showcasing grit and lyricism. They also had a tight-knit chemistry that reflected their twin sisterhood. They earned viral acclaim through freestyle videos on social media, garnering millions of views.

Cam & China’s star shined bright in unlikely spaces like HBO Max’s Rap Sh*t.

Walker’s death is a painful loss for the West Coast Hip-Hop community and for those who admired the duo’s raw talent and bond as sisters.

Funeral details have not been made public. AllHipHop sends condolences to Cam and the family of China Walker.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by AllHipHop (@allhiphopcom)

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Raekwon’s Next Album “The Emperor’s New Clothes” Might Be His Most Ambitious Yet

Raekwon is bringing heavyweight bars and iconic collaborations to the forefront with The Emperor’s New Clothes, his eighth solo album arriving July 18 via Mass Appeal, packed with Hip-Hop legends like Nas and fellow Wu-Tang Clan members Ghostface Killah, Method Man and Inspectah Deck.

The Raekwon project also ropes in the Griselda trio — Westside Gunn, Conway The Machine and Benny The Butcher — along with soulful contributions from Stacy Barthe and British singer Marsha Ambrosius. Behind the boards, production is handled by Swizz Beatz, Nottz, J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League, Frank G and Roadsart.

“The Emperor’s New Clothes is more than an album — it’s a statement. A declaration of evolution, mastery, and the raw essence of New York soul,” Raekwon said in a press release.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Raekwon The Chef (@raekwon)

Raekwon first made his mark with Only Built 4 Cuban Linx…, a 1995 classic that helped define the mafioso rap subgenre. Nearly three decades later, his lyrical sharpness remains intact and his influence continues to echo through generations of emcees.

The upcoming album marks another milestone in a career that has spanned eras without losing relevance. From mentoring rising stars to collaborating with Hip-Hop’s elite, Raekwon has kept his pen sharp and his presence felt.

The Emperor’s New Clothes drops July 18.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

LL Cool J Backs Out of Philly July 4 Concert in Solidarity With Striking Workers

LL Cool J has canceled his headlining performance at the Wawa Welcome America July 4th concert on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. The rap legend said he stood in solidarity with striking municipal workers who have taken to the picket line to demand higher wages and better healthcare.

The Hip-Hop icon made his stance clear in an emotional Instagram video Thursday night, less than 24 hours before the show. He was slated to perform alongside R&B star and Philadelphia native Jazmine Sullivan.

“Yo, so, I understand there’s a lot going on in Philadelphia right now, and I never, ever, ever want to disappoint my fans, especially Philadelphia, y’all mean too much to me,” LL Cool J said. “But there’s absolutely no way that I can perform, cross a picket line, and pick up money when I know that people are out there fighting for a living wage. I’m not doing that, you know what I’m saying?”

He added that he would still be in town, hoping negotiations resolve before the holiday event.

“I’m just letting you know, I’m not going to cross a picket line and perform for money when people are hurt. That’s it, so I love y’all. I’m on my way to Philly. Peace and love.”

AFSCME District Council 33 is Philadelphia’s largest union and represents more than 10,000 blue-collar city workers. This includes sanitation crews and 911 dispatchers, all of which have been striking for three days. The city’s trash remains uncollected, 911 emergencies unattended and tensions between union leadership and city officials grows.

Union President Gregory Boulware applauded LL’s support in a written statement.

“LL Cool J’s decision to stand in solidarity with the labor movement by choosing not to cross a picket line is a powerful testament to his respect for workers’ rights,” Boulware said. “By prioritizing the dignity and respect of laborers over potential fan disappointment, LL Cool J sends a strong message about the value of unity and collective action.”

Negotiations between the city and DC 33 stalled Thursday.

Mayor Cherelle Parker said the city’s negotiators were prepared to continue talks, but union leaders stepped away from the table. There is no new meeting scheduled.

“I am aware that LL Cool J has decided not to perform at Wawa Welcome America’s July 4th Concert tomorrow evening on the Parkway,” Mayor Parker said in a statement. “I spoke personally with LL Cool J today. I respect his decision and understand his desire to see the city unified. He is always welcome in Philadelphia.”

There has been no revelation of changes in the concert or if Jazmine Sullivan will be the sole performer.

Philly was one of the first cities to give LL Cool J a shot at the onset of his rap career. His refusal to take the stage recognizes the profound respect he has for the common people.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by AllHipHop (@allhiphopcom)

​AllHipHop

Categories
Headline News

Leaseholders to get rights to more easily challenge extortionate service charges

Leaseholders will be able to more easily challenge extortionate service charges, the government has said.The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News

Categories
Headline News

MP ousted from Labour announces she is starting new political party with Jeremy Corbyn

An MP who was ousted from the Labour Party has announced she is setting up a new political party with Jeremy Corbyn.The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News

Categories
Headline News

Trump celebrates his ‘big, beautiful’ win

It couldn’t have been more American.The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News

Categories
Headline News

What you need to know about the Oasis tour – and why Cardiff is the first stop

Oasis are set to kick off their reunion tour in Cardiff this weekend, with thousands expected to descend on the Welsh capital.The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News

Categories
Headline News

Ancient Roman settlement uncovered after rare swords found

An Iron Age Roman settlement has been discovered after a metal detectorist found two rare swords near a Cotswolds village.The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News

Categories
Headline News

Police release footage as more than 1,000 arrests made using live facial recognition technology

More than 1,000 criminals, including a paedophile found with a six-year-old girl, have been arrested by the Metropolitan Police using live facial recognition (LFR) cameras.The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News