Years of on-stage experience means that Dancing with the Stars pro Jenna Johnson has gathered tons of helpful hair hacks from top hairstylists. But that also means her hair regularly goes through…
E! Online (US) – Top Stories
Years of on-stage experience means that Dancing with the Stars pro Jenna Johnson has gathered tons of helpful hair hacks from top hairstylists. But that also means her hair regularly goes through…
E! Online (US) – Top Stories

Alaska U.S. Senators Lisa Murkowski and Dan Sullivan (Alaska Beacon file photos)
Alaska’s Republican U.S. senators are pushing the Trump administration to waive a recently hiked visa fee for all public school employees.
The Trump administration raised the fee for highly skilled workers visas, known as the H-1B visa program, from $5,000 to $100,000 per visa in September. That has consequences for Alaska school districts, which have grown to rely on international hiring to fill teaching and staff positions.
“As soon as this proclamation was released last year, I have been sounding the alarm with the administration about the importance of the H-1B visa program to Alaska’s school districts,” U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski said in a prepared statement announcing the bill.
Murkowski introduced legislation in the U.S. Senate on Mar. 12, saying it would help alleviate financial strain for Alaska’s school districts. U.S. Sen. Dan Sullivan signed on as a cosponsor of the bill on Tuesday.
The H-1B visa program provides non-immigrant visas for U.S. employers to recruit highly skilled workers, with at least a bachelor’s degree, in fields such as healthcare, technology or education. The visa is valid for up to six years.
“Our public school classrooms have been facing a staffing crisis for years, but teachers in Alaska on H-B visas have been instrumental in bridging that shortage and serving our students with talent and care,” Murkowski wrote. “This legislation offers a commonsense exemption that will ensure Alaska’s schoolchildren have access to more high-quality educators while keeping class sizes reasonable.”
The Alaska House of Representatives introduced a resolution this month urging the visa waiver for teachers.
There are close to 600 international teachers working in Alaska and 341 of them use H-1B visas, according to data provided by the Alaska Council of School Administrators, which assists districts in recruitment and hiring.
“In some rural districts, visa teachers make up 50% to nearly 80% of the teaching staff,” said Lisa Parady, the council’s director, in a statement with the bill’s announcement. “School districts already invest $6,000 to $12,000 per teacher to recruit and sponsor educators through the H-1B visa process. Adding a $100,000 federal visa fee has made it financially impossible for many districts to continue hiring the teachers their students depend on.”
Alaska districts are also in the process of hiring teachers for next year, and officials say the fee imposes an impossible financial barrier.
Cyndy Mika, superintendent of the Kodiak Island Borough School District, said in a written statement with the bill’s announcement that nearly 20% of teachers district wide — and 75% of village teachers — are international hires through visa programs.
“These educators are not replacing American teachers—we simply do not have applicants for these positions,” she said. “Without access to international educators, districts like Kodiak will struggle to fill classrooms and provide consistent learning environments for students.”
The situation is exacerbated in Alaska’s rural districts by recent additional restrictions on the J-1 visa program, which requires visa-holding teachers to be placed in areas with access to health care services, transportation and other public services.
Tammy Dodd, superintendent of the Bering Strait School District, said in a statement the new J-1 visa restrictions put rural districts at a unique disadvantage.
“So the H-1B visa is the only choice,” she said. “The Bering Strait School District employs 86 international teachers, which is roughly 40% of certified staffing. With the new fee in place, the district would be unable to replace those positions with international hires.”
Murkowski sent a letter of concern to the former U.S. Sec. Kristi Noem with the Department Homeland Security, which administers the visa program. Noem responded in a letter on Dec. 15 shared by the senator’s office. Noem wrote that some exemptions are possible.
“Exceptions to the $100,000 payment are extremely rare and are granted only in extraordinarily compelling circumstances. Petitioning employers may seek an exception by sending their request,” Noem wrote.
“Evidence should support the alien worker’s presence in the United States as an H-1B worker is in the national interest, no American worker is available for fill the role, the alien worker does not pose a threat to security or welfare of the United States, and requiring the petitioning employer to pay the $100,000 payment would significantly undermine the interests of the United States,” she wrote.
Jennifer Schmitz, director of the Alaska Educator Retention and Recruitment Center, a division of the Alaska Council of School Administrators, said by email Monday that some districts have sought individual exemptions from DHS for teachers with pending H-1B visa applications, but have received no response and no timeline from the department.
Hailee Steinfeld is feeling grateful after being showered with so much love.
With her due date rapidly approaching, the Sinners actress—who is currently expecting her first baby with husband Josh…
E! Online (US) – Top Stories
Timothée Chalamet is back in the barren desert of Arrakis.
But this time, he’s facing off against Robert Pattinson’s villainous role in Dune: Part Three. Indeed, the Batman alum debuted a dramatic…
E! Online (US) – Top Stories
You can’t expect great steak everywhere you go, and this steakhouse chain serves up some unpleasant ribeye that customers constantly complain about.

Mashed – Fast Food, Celebrity Chefs, Grocery, Reviews
Blac Chyna is still keeping up with Rob Kardashian.
In fact, the Black Hamptons star—who broke up with the Keeping Up With the Kardashians alum in 2017, months after welcoming their daughter Dream…
E! Online (US) – Top Stories
Whether you’re planning a six-figure wedding with all the stops, keeping it simple at the courthouse, or just celebrating with a cremony and reception that falls somewhere inbetween, you’ll need a…
E! Online (US) – Top Stories
The life of a showgirl indeed.
Taylor Swift stepped out to celebrate the 2026 Oscars at Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s annual Gold Party in Los Angeles following the March 15 ceremony, flying under the radar…
E! Online (US) – Top Stories
Reading Time: 3 minutes
For ABC, the timing couldn’t be worse.
Less than one week before Taylor Frankie Paul’s debut as The Bachelorette, the reality TV vet — who got her start on Hulu’s The Secret Lives of Mormon Wives — is at the center of a growing scandal.
Paul and ex-boyfriend Dakota Mortensen are being investigated for domestic abuse, and the situation is so serious that Secret Lives producers decided to shut down production.

Now, ABC might be at the start of a mass exodus of advertisers. TMZ is now reporting that Cinnabon has ended its promotional partnership with The Bachelorette in response to Taylor’s legal issues.
“Recent developments and allegations surrounding the lead cast member led us to reassess this collaboration as it no longer aligns with our brand values,” the brand said in a statement.
ABC is reluctant to pull the plug on this season, having already invested tens of millions in production and promotion.
But if advertisers continue to bail, they might be left with no choice. And on top of all of this, there’s a chance that Taylor could wind up facing criminal charges.
And in that event, it would be a really bad look for ABC to continue plastering her likeness everywhere as they promote her season of The Bachelorette.

Authorities have confirmed that the investigation remains open, with allegations reportedly made by both parties following incidents that unfolded in late February.
These days, those closest to Paul are not hiding their concern.
“We’re all worried for Taylor’s well-being,” one source told People, adding that they hope she “gets the help she needs.”
The same report claims that Paul has continued to stay in frequent contact with Mortensen — including late-night calls that sometimes occur between 10 p.m. and 3 a.m.
While the nature of those conversations is unclear, the situation has raised eyebrows among those who know her best.
This is not the first time Paul’s relationship with Mortensen has drawn serious attention.

In 2023, she was arrested following a separate alleged domestic violence incident involving him.
At the time, she faced multiple misdemeanor charges, including assault, after an altercation in which a chair was allegedly thrown and struck her daughter.
She later entered a plea agreement tied to an aggravated assault charge, with other charges dismissed.
Now, with a new investigation underway, those past events are once again part of the broader conversation surrounding her current situation.
Not surprisingly, the men who competed for Taylor’s heart this season are not thrilled with the situation.
“They’re extremely disappointed. They felt betrayed when they found this out because they all went into this to genuinely get to know Taylor,” a source tells People.
We will have further updates on this developing story as new information becomes available.
‘The Bachelorette’ Loses Major Advertiser Over Taylor Frankie Paul Allegations was originally published on The Hollywood Gossip.
The Hollywood Gossip
Luckily for observers with a sweet tooth, there are plenty of Passover-friendly desserts available at Walmart, ranging from cookies to sweet pastes.

Food Republic – Restaurants, Reviews, Recipes, Cooking Tips