Categories
Hip Hop

EXCLUSIVE: Attorney Suing Fat Joe Claims He Is Receiving Medical Treatment After Rapper’s Lawyer Ruined His Reputation

Tyrone Blackburn says his health has deteriorated as he accuses Fat Joe and attorney Joe Tacopina of orchestrating a public smear campaign and coordinating his arrest in an attempt to derail a $20 million lawsuit filed on behalf of a former Hip-Hop associate.

Blackburn, who represents Terrance “T.A.” Dixon in a federal case against the Bronx rapper, claims the pressure from Fat Joe’s legal team has pushed him into “severe medical distress” and compromised his ability to represent his client.

“These actions not only prejudiced me in the eyes of the public and my professional peers but also inflicted substantial personal and reputational harm that I continue to endure and are currently undergoing medical treatment for,” Blackburn said in a court filing.

The legal battle began earlier this year when Dixon sued Fat Joe, alleging decades of unpaid labor, sexual coercion, and psychological manipulation.

The lawsuit, filed in June 2025, accuses the rapper of forcing Dixon into thousands of sexually explicit acts under threat of violence or abandonment, while also denying him proper credit and compensation for his work as a lyricist and collaborator.

Fat Joe has denied all claims, calling them “disgusting lies,” and insists the lawsuit is an attempt to extort money through fabricated allegations.

His legal team, led by Tacopina, responded by filing a countersuit in April 2025 accusing Dixon and Blackburn of defamation, extortion and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

Tacopina has been vocal in his criticism of Blackburn, calling the attorney’s filings “bogus” and accusing him of using AI-generated citations in court documents.

In defense filings, Tacopina described Dixon’s lawsuit as a “blatant act of retaliation” after Dixon was fired for misconduct.

But Blackburn says the legal attacks have gone beyond the courtroom.

On May 12, 2025, a 66-year-old process server attempted to deliver court papers related to Fat Joe’s lawsuit.

According to police, Blackburn reversed his vehicle and struck the man in the leg, causing minor injuries.

He was later arrested on June 25 and booked on multiple charges including felony assault, harassment, reckless driving and criminal possession of a weapon.

Blackburn insists the arrest was a setup.

“Defense counsel coordinated with local law enforcement to secure my arrest, asserting that I had ‘mowed down’ a process server with my vehicle,” Blackburn said. “This occurred despite my prior offer to waive service of process. This arrest, obtained through misrepresentation, has resulted in significant collateral consequences, including the suspension of my New York State Bar identification card and a hold on my pending open-carry license application.”

The arrest has added another layer of complexity to an already contentious legal war.

Blackburn’s team argues that the smear campaign is a deliberate effort to discredit him and distract from Dixon’s claims, which include allegations of sex trafficking, tax fraud, and misconduct involving minors as young as 15.

Dixon also accuses Roc Nation of helping to conceal and manipulate his authorship rights and royalties, claiming the label participated in efforts to intimidate him and obstruct his legal efforts.

Fat Joe’s camp has denied all wrongdoing and maintains that Dixon’s allegations are false and designed to pressure a settlement. Tacopina has threatened legal action against Blackburn for what he calls “desperate” tactics.

The case is currently being litigated in the Southern District of New York, with hearings scheduled through the summer and fall of 2025.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Cassie Ventura Responds To Diddy’s 50-Month Prison Sentence: “Nothing Can Undo The Trauma”

Sean “Diddy” Combs received a 50-month federal prison sentence in Manhattan on October 3 after pleading guilty to domestic violence charges stemming from his long-term relationship with Cassie Ventura, who responded through her legal counsel following his courtroom apology.

“While nothing can undo the trauma caused by Combs, the sentence imposed today recognizes the impact of the serious offenses he committed,” attorney Doug Wigdor said on behalf of Ventura. “We are confident that with the support of her family and friends, Ms. Ventura will continue healing knowing that her bravery and fortitude have been an inspiration to so many.”

The 55-year-old music mogul stood before U.S. District Judge Arun Subramanian, who delivered a harsh rebuke of Combs’s conduct during the sentencing hearing.

“A history of good works can not erase the power and control you had over the women you professed to love dearly. You abused them physically, emotionally and psychologically and you used that to get your way,” the judge said before sentencing Diddy.

Combs rose to fame through his Bad Boy Records label, helping launch the careers of artists like The Notorious B.I.G. and Mary J. Blige.

He later expanded into fashion, spirits and television, becoming one of Hip-Hop’s wealthiest entrepreneurs.

Now, the former entertainment heavyweight will serve his sentence at a federal facility and must register as a sex offender following his release.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Lionel Richie Recalls “Disastrous” Epic Brawl Between His Wives

Beverly Hills Altercation Revisited in Memoir

Lionel Richie opened up about a volatile moment from his past involving his first wife Brenda Harvey and then-girlfriend Diane Alexander in his new memoir Truly, calling the 1988 incident “the scandal of my century.”

The confrontation unfolded in Beverly Hills when Harvey allegedly discovered Richie and Alexander together. The encounter ended with Harvey’s arrest on charges including battery and trespassing. Although the charges were later dropped, the incident became tabloid fodder and left a lasting emotional impact on the singer.

Richie Describes “Most Awful Screaming Match of Life”

According to an excerpt published by People, Richie recalled the moment Harvey showed up unannounced at his beachside hideaway during their separation.

“What very few people knew was that Brenda and I were separated. I got a place at the beach, and I was hiding out there, trying to be alone, trying to decompress somehow, because it was killing everyone,” Richie wrote. “When the door opens, Brenda is standing there. There is a massive confrontation. Diane is in total shock and I’m trying to leave, to draw Brenda away. It’s the most awful screaming match of life, and it’s all in this small entryway.”

Marriage Fallout and Public Scrutiny

Richie and Harvey were married from 1975 until their divorce was finalized in 1993. During their marriage, they adopted Nicole Richie. The “All Night Long” singer later married Alexander in 1995. They had two children, Miles Richie and Sofia Richie, before divorcing in 2004.

Now 76, Richie reflected on the emotional toll of the media attention that followed the incident. “And I get it. Ladies and gentlemen, I get it,” he wrote. “That’s the saddest day in the life of a marriage. When you know you may love each other, still, and you have a history that you will always have, but it’s over. And you know it.”

He described the press coverage as “disastrous” but said the deeper pain came from watching Harvey suffer.

Richie has been in a relationship with Lisa Parigi since 2014. His memoir Truly, which details his personal and professional highs and lows, is available now.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Mariah Carey Addresses Her Two Left Feet With Brutal Honesty

Mariah Carey addressed the backlash over her stage presence and dancing at the MTV Video Music Awards during a Wednesday night appearance on Watch What Happens Live, brushing off the long-running critique with her trademark humor and honesty.

The five-time Grammy winner was asked by host Andy Cohen about the chatter surrounding her choreography—or lack thereof—following her medley performance at the VMAs, where she received the prestigious Video Vanguard Award. Carey didn’t dodge the question.

“From when I first started, I was like, ‘Oh, I don’t know how I’m gonna do this because really I have no idea what this dancing thing is,’” she said. “I don’t know what it is. I still don’t, you know. There’s little moments in the ‘Honey’ video or ‘Heartbreaker,’ little stuff, (but) it’s no Ginger and Rogers. It’s just something I was never taught and was kind of traumatised about as a kid.”

Her remarks came weeks after social media users pounced on her performance, accusing her of doing the “bare minimum” and joking that she was “giving absolutely nothing.” One viewer quipped, “Mariah Carey is saving her energy for Christmas and that’s okay.”

The criticism wasn’t limited to the VMAs. In June, Carey’s appearance at the BET Awards also drew negative attention. Her performance of “Type Dangerous” was labeled dull by some viewers, with one calling her “the most boring entertainer I’ve ever seen.”

Despite the noise, Carey’s legacy remains firmly intact. The singer has sold over 200 million records worldwide and is often credited with redefining pop and R&B in the ’90s.

But when it comes to choreography, she’s made it clear—she’s never claimed to be Misty Copeland.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Aubrey O’Day Speaks Out After Diddy Sentenced to Four Years

Aubrey O’Day called out abuse of power in the music industry after Sean “Diddy” Combs was sentenced to more than four years in federal prison on prostitution-related charges.

The former Danity Kane member issued a pointed message on social media following the sentencing of the 55-year-old Hip-Hop mogul, who was convicted on two counts of transporting individuals for prostitution.

Though a jury cleared Combs of racketeering and sex trafficking charges that carried a potential life sentence, the conviction and sentencing still mark a severe blow to his legacy.

“Let this serve as a cautionary reminder to young and aspiring individuals pursuing their dreams,” O’Day wrote on X. “The true warning is not that a jury may doubt your testimony, nor that a court’s sentencing guidelines may fail to reflect the years of suffering you endured.”

She continued, “The real warning is this: the moment someone in a position of power oversteps your boundaries or demands more than is legitimately required of you, walk away and do not look back. No dream, however bright, can outweigh the pain and exploitation that may follow if you remain.”

O’Day, 41, did not testify during Combs’ trial but has publicly spoken about her past experiences with him during their time on MTV’s Making the Band.

In a 2024 appearance on the Crysis Queen podcast, she said Combs “was on camera saying how much he hates it, but he’s off camera telling me all the ways I needed to be groomed properly, like down to my toenails.”

She described his behavior as part of a “cycle of abuse,” adding, “With Diddy, I saw multiple sides of him. But I don’t know who I was even talking to that was sober… There was always an element of something going on.”

In her post-trial statement, O’Day emphasized the imbalance of consequences for those who abuse power.

“Too often, those who misuse their power, even when exposed, face far fewer consequences than the harm inflicted upon their victims,” she said. “Protect yourself at the first sign of coercion or impropriety. If something feels wrong, trust that instinct and remove yourself from the situation. Your well-being is worth more than any opportunity.”

O’Day also expressed support for Cassie Ventura, Combs’ former girlfriend, whose 2023 lawsuit helped trigger the federal investigation.

Before sentencing, O’Day had urged the court to impose a punishment that would ensure accountability and allow for rehabilitation. “The courts have clearly recognized the potential risk he still poses to society,” she told media outlets.

Combs, who built Bad Boy Records into a Hip-Hop powerhouse with artists like The Notorious B.I.G., Mase, Black Rob and others, will receive credit for 12 months already served.

He was also fined $500,000 and will be under supervised release for five years following the completion of his sentence.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Philadelphia Judge Fights Back In Case With Ties To Meek Mill

A Philly judge is pushing back against a potential unpaid suspension after being accused of trying to sway a fellow Philadelphia judge in a criminal case tied to Meek Mill, arguing he hasn’t been charged with any crime.

Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas Judge Scott DiClaudio is under formal scrutiny by the Pennsylvania Judicial Conduct Board, which claims DiClaudio attempted to influence the sentencing of Dwayne Jones, a 46-year-old man facing firearms charges in connection with a deadly shooting.

Jones is described in court documents as a personal friend of Meek Mill, and DiClaudio reportedly knows the rapper both socially and professionally.

According to the Judicial Conduct Board’s complaint, DiClaudio allegedly slipped Judge Zachary Shaffer a piece of paper with Jones’ name on it during a private meeting in chambers on June 12, 2025, and said, “I heard you might do the right thing anyway.” Shaffer was scheduled to sentence Jones just four days later.

The conduct board filed charges against DiClaudio in September, citing “a host of ethical violations.”

While DiClaudio has been removed from the bench during the investigation, his legal team insists he did nothing improper and is fighting to avoid a suspension without pay.

The judge argues that because he hasn’t been criminally charged, the disciplinary court should not impose penalties. His attorneys are urging the Pennsylvania Court of Judicial Discipline to reject the board’s request.

Jones’ case, which involves serious allegations tied to a fatal shooting, has only intensified the spotlight on the judiciary’s internal standards. The alleged attempt to influence sentencing has raised concerns about impartiality and judicial boundaries.

Meek Mill has long been a vocal advocate for criminal justice reform, particularly after his own legal battles garnered national attention to probation laws and systemic inequities.

His ties to both Jones and DiClaudio have added another layer of public interest to the case. The disciplinary court has yet to announce when it will rule on DiClaudio’s request to avoid unpaid suspension.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Diddy’s Son Reportedly Aggressively Confronted Woman Recording Sentencing Aftermath

Diddy’s Family Left Heartbroken After Sentencing as Quincy Reportedly Confronts Onlooker Outside the Court

Sean “Diddy” Combs’ long-awaited sentencing day turned into a scene of heartbreak and confusion inside and outside the Manhattan courthouse Thursday. While many expected the music mogul to walk free, the outcome was far from what his family had hoped for.

EXCLUSIVE: Convicts Diddy & Disgraced MAGA Billionaire Plot AI Platform From Jail

All of Diddy’s children were present—except for his youngest daughter—as they filled the courtroom during the emotional sentencing phase. One by one, his children addressed the judge through tearful statements, pleading for leniency and describing their father as a loving parent and provider. Several referenced the late Kim Porter, whose name reportedly echoed throughout the courtroom as they spoke about the loss their family had already endured.

But when the verdict came down—50 months in federal prison with the requirement to serve at least 85 percent of that time—shock rippled through the room. The sentence translates to roughly two and a half years behind bars, dashing any hopes of Diddy’s immediate return home.

READ ALSO: Diddy Heading To Prison, Judge Gives Him Hard Time At Sentencing

Witnesses said the family left the courthouse soon after, visibly emotional but determined to maintain composure in front of cameras and a crowd that had swelled outside. Yet, what happened next added another layer to the already tense day.

According to multiple bystanders, Quincy Brown, Diddy’s stepson through the late Kim Porter and singer Al B. Sure, was involved in a heated moment with a woman reportedly wearing Meta’s Ray-Ban smart glasses, which can record video rather discreetly. There is a light to indicate recording if you look closely. The woman was allegedly recording near the courthouse exit when Quincy noticed the device. Witnesses claim he confronted her and grabbed the glasses, an incident that may have been caught on the same device’s camera during the struggle.

There’s no confirmation yet of what happened to the footage, but sources online suggest clips circulated briefly before disappearing into the “matrix” of social media.

The frustration from Diddy’s camp was palpable. Many insiders said the family truly believed the Bad Boy founder would walk free, bolstered by what they described as his positive behavior and spiritual transformation while incarcerated. His defense argued that Diddy had done more good in jail than harm and that he could continue that work outside the walls. The judge, however, appeared unconvinced.

This time, the once bulletproof mogul wasn’t able to maneuver his way around the system. For the first time in his career, Sean Combs will serve real time…without the protective shield of fame, fortune, or influence.

The world will now wait to see what version of Diddy emerges when those prison gates open again. Whether he returns as a reformed man, a creative reborn, or a shadow of his former self remains to be seen.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Headline News

Tory conference might be smaller than previous years, leaked data suggests

Will as many people as last year come to Tory conference? I have a leak that helps explore this – and it reveals the party itself is expecting fewer.The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News

Categories
Headline News

Trump authorises deployment of 300 National Guard troops to Chicago

Donald Trump has ordered the deployment of 300 National Guard members to Chicago, the latest in a string of cities where US troops have been sent.The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News

Categories
Headline News

Nearly 500 arrested in London as pro-Palestine protest goes ahead despite pleas

Nearly 500 people have been arrested over protests supporting the proscribed group Palestine Action, as demonstrators defied calls to reconsider in the wake of the Manchester synagogue terror attack.The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News