Categories
Hip Hop

Drake Targets UMG Boss Lucian Grainge Over Alleged Role in “Not Like Us” Defamation

Drake is pushing a federal court to compel Universal Music Group to hand over internal files from its CEO/chairman, Sir Lucian Grainge, accusing the executive of personally approving and promoting false claims in Kendrick Lamar’s monster diss track “Not Like Us.”

In a legal filing submitted Tuesday (August 12), attorneys for the Canadian rapper argued that Grainge played a direct part in circulating material that portrayed Drake as a sexual predator and exposed his home address.

The lawsuit, filed earlier this year, claims UMG’s actions not only damaged Drake’s reputation but also endangered his safety.

Grainge’s involvement, according to the filing, could reveal “actual malice”—a legal threshold Drake must meet to prove defamation. His lawyers say Grainge’s communications could show he knew the claims were false and pushed them anyway.

UMG initially tried to shield Grainge from discovery by labeling him an “apex” executive, a term used to argue that high-ranking officials shouldn’t be subject to routine document production.

That argument has since been dropped, but the label now insists Grainge had “no meaningful involvement” and that any relevant material would simply duplicate what’s already been collected from other executives.

Drake’s legal team isn’t buying it. They argue that even overlapping documents are essential to show what Grainge knew and when. “Plaintiff never agreed to delay requesting Grainge’s files,” the filing states.

To minimize the burden, Drake’s attorneys proposed using agreed-upon search terms to comb through Grainge’s records.

The dispute stems from Drake’s January 2025 lawsuit against UMG, which alleges the label deliberately promoted “Not Like Us” to damage his image and apply pressure during contract negotiations.

The track, performed by Kendrick Lamar, included lyrics calling Drake a “pedophile” and featured cover art showing his Toronto address.

Drake says the fallout included multiple break-ins at his home and the shooting of his security guard. He also accuses UMG of launching a viral campaign using influencers and bots to amplify the song’s reach.

UMG has denied the claims, calling the lawsuit “misguided” and “baseless.”

The company argues it would be “illogical” to harm one of its most profitable artists. The court has not yet ruled on whether UMG must produce Grainge’s documents.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Swizz Beatz Shut Down Split Rumors With Romantic Alicia Keys Anniversary Post

Swizz Beatz and Alicia Keys aren’t letting social media rumors write their love story. For days, whispers have been bouncing around Instagram and TikTok claiming the power couple is headed for divorce — with one wild allegation suggesting Swizz fathered a child with a white woman.

Neither star has directly addressed the chatter, but instead of clapping back with words, they responded with a visual that said everything. Swizz shared a serene clip of Keys gliding through the ocean, looking peaceful and unbothered, in honor of their 15th wedding anniversary. His caption was aimed at those quick to believe gossip, telling people to spread that same loving moment as fast as they’d spread the lies.

READ ALSO: Swizz Beatz Reveals Surprising Secret Behind His Marriage To Alicia Keys

It was a pointed yet classy way to acknowledge the noise without fanning the flames. And honestly, some of the TikTok “tea” about their marriage has been so over the top it could pass for bad reality TV. The speculation almost sounded believable — almost.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Swizz Beatz (@therealswizzz)

The truth is, marriage, especially one in the public eye, comes with many ups and downs. Fifteen years together means Swizz and Alicia have weathered more than a few rough patches. Celebrating love is the best way, instead of letting the internet dictate their narrative.

For those keeping score, the couple tied the knot in 2010 and share two sons. They’ve always said they keep each other’s careers and keeping their family life strong. If this anniversary post is any indication, they’re far from throwing in the towel.

In a culture quick to turn celebrity marriages into public entertainment, their quiet message says “The best response to rumors is simply living your life.” That’s louder than the lies!

CONGRATS!

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Swizz Beatz (@therealswizzz)

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Conway The Machine Shut Down Benny The Butcher Feud Rumors, But “Something” Happened

Conway The Machine Brushes Off Paris Altercation Rumors With Benny the Butcher

Conway The Machine is putting an end to the chatter about a supposed dust-up with Benny The Butcher in Paris. He’s now telling folks it was nothing more than a regular night with the crew.

The rumor mill had been in overdrive after whispers hit social media claiming the Griselda heavyweights got into it while overseas. Online “eyewitnesses” claimed tension was high and even painted the scene like a rap reality show. But according to Conway, there’s no beef to see here.

During an appearance on the Way Up With Angela Yee, the Buffalo lyricist admitted that something did happen, but it wasn’t the feud some were making it out to be. Allegedly. “People were drinking and stuff happened,” he explained, stopping short of giving specifics. “It was just another night with the fellas.”

That’s that ’90s type energy.

That’s a far cry from the blow-by-blow drama floating around the internet. If anything, Conway’s account makes it sound like a typical tour night, where too many drinks meet too much energy. No crews split and definitely no lasting friction between him and Benny. WHEW!

A few rumors aren’t going to derail the Griselda movement. If Conway’s calm delivery is any sign, this Paris “incident” is already in the rearview.

Griselda’s bond is too strong for a little late-night chaos.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Way Up With Angela Yee (@wayupwithyee)

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

T-Hood’s Mother Calls Out Self-Defense Claim After Fatal Shooting

T-Hood was shot and killed during a domestic dispute at his Snellville home Tuesday (August 8), and police are now investigating whether the fatal encounter was a case of self-defense.

The 33-year-old Atlanta rapper was allegedly involved in an altercation with a woman at the residence earlier that evening, according to Gwinnett County authorities.

Officers said the woman suffered injuries during the incident. The person who fired the gun remained at the scene and is cooperating with investigators. A witness present during the shooting is also assisting police.

Law enforcement has not filed any charges as of now, but detectives are treating the case as a potential self-defense situation due to the nature of the domestic conflict and the woman’s injuries, Fox 5 Atlanta reported.

Son Of “Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta” Stars Named Prime Suspect In T-Hood Death

In a development drawing attention across Hip-Hop and reality TV circles, Ky Frost—the son of Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta stars Kirk Frost and Rasheeda Frost—has reportedly been identified as the primary suspect. T-Hood had been romantically linked to the couple’s daughter, Kelsie Frost, and the dispute is believed to have involved her. However, Kelsie has publicly denied any direct involvement in the shooting.

T-Hood’s mother took to social media to challenge the self-defense narrative and reject claims that the incident happened during a party.

“He was walking away and got 5 shots in his back,” she wrote. “People this is serious. We will not let this ride. I need everyone to post up. We will not be defeated. I know you’re watching telling me to keep fighting for you. I love you my celebrity. Justice for THood”

Police have confirmed that no one outside the home was involved, and the investigation remains active. Authorities are continuing to gather information and have not ruled out additional developments.

T-Hood was known in Atlanta’s underground Hip-Hop scene for songs like “Perculator,” “Big Booty” and “Ready 2 Go.”

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Kash Doll Teases Rekindled Romance With Za’Darius Smith As Tracy T Stirs Custody Drama

Kash Doll reignited speculation about her relationship with Za’Darius Smith after hinting at a reunion, just three days after publicly announcing their breakup on social media.

On Tuesday (August 13), the Detroit rapper tweeted “I love my mannnn.”

She had previously confirmed the split from the NFL linebacker on Saturday (August 10).

“At this point of my life I just need to be single,” she wrote on X (Twitter). “Za’Darius a great guy but we can’t see eye to eye and with all due respect we decided to part ways.”

She added she would be stepping away from the internet. “I’m giving the internet a break also so I’m done with yall too right now,” she said.

Smith also appeared to confirm the breakup, posting a simple “Single” on his Instagram Story shortly after.

The couple’s breakup came on the heels of a public appearance together at Kash Doll’s best friend’s wedding, where they were photographed alongside her son, Kashton.

That image became the center of online drama when Tracy T, Kash Doll’s ex and Kashton’s father, posted the photo with the caption, “Kashton don’t wanna be there.”

Smith didn’t hold back in his response, writing, “N#### when you ready to buy school clothes and go half on that tuition let me know!!”

Tracy T fired back with another jab, posting, “Look like ima be paying that tuition by myself.”

Kash Doll then jumped in, replying: “Tuition and Tracy in the same sentence is something I’ve never seen before. I don’t care who I’m not with it’ll never be you p####!”

Tracy T Slams Kash Doll In Heated Rant

As the online back-and-forth escalated, Tracy T took things further in a video where he claimed he would soon have full custody of their son.

“My son finna be with me. He moving with me,” he said. “I ain’t playing.” He also added, “I don’t want him to be around no f### n####. That ain’t his daddy.”

Tracy T made it clear he had no interest in reconciling with Kash Doll. “F### her,” he said and accused her of being “laid up at that f### boy house.”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Views News (@1more4_thegain)

​AllHipHop

Categories
Headline News

Parents of daughter who refused chemotherapy warned over their behaviour in court

The parents of a woman who refused chemotherapy following a cancer diagnosis have been warned about their conduct in court during the inquest into her death.The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News

Categories
Headline News

‘Disturbing’ rise in abusive teen relationships – the warning signs to watch out for

Marnie’s first serious relationship came when she was 16 years old.The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News

Categories
Headline News

Cancer survival rates rise substantially but ‘longer waits’ hit progress, say researchers

The chance of surviving cancer for 10 years after diagnosis has increased by more than 24% in England and Wales over nearly five decades, but researchers say progress has slowed partly because of longer waiting times.The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News

Categories
Headline News

More Britons now eligible for savings account that could get them free £1,200

For this week’s Savings Guide, Anna Bowes, personal finance expert from The Private Office, explains what the Help to Save scheme is…The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News

Categories
Headline News

Jeremy Clarkson joins backlash as JD Vance holidays in the Cotswolds

Jeremy Clarkson has joined a backlash in the Cotswolds after US vice president JD Vance arrived at a picturesque hamlet in the region for his summer holiday.The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News