Categories
Hip Hop

MAGA Melts Down Over Oprah Winfrey’s Road In Maui During Tsunami Alert

Oprah Winfrey became the center of a swirling online controversy after social media users accused her of blocking evacuees from using her private road in Maui during a tsunami scare triggered by a powerful offshore earthquake.

The magnitude 8.8 quake struck off the coast of Russia, prompting tsunami alerts across several regions, including Hawaii, Japan and parts of the U.S. West Coast.

As thousands of Hawaiians scrambled to reach higher ground, gridlock gripped the island. Amid the chaos, rumors spread that Winfrey had refused to open her gated access road in the Kula region, where she reportedly owns 1,000 acres.

Her team wasted no time shutting that narrative down.

“As soon as we heard the tsunami warnings, we contacted local law enforcement and FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) to ensure the road was opened,” a spokesperson told The Mirror. “Any reports otherwise are false. Local law enforcement are currently on site helping residents through 50 cars at a time to ensure everyone’s safety. The road will remain open as long as necessary.”

The backlash surfaced quickly on platforms like X and Instagram, where users accused the media mogul of prioritizing privacy over public safety. The claims, however, were not supported by local authorities.

According to BBC News, Hawaii’s tsunami warning was later downgraded to an advisory, with officials anticipating strong currents and minor coastal flooding rather than a full-scale disaster.

By Tuesday night (July 29), Hawaii Emergency Management Agency director Stephen Logan confirmed that evacuees were cleared to return to their homes.

Excerpt:

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Karrueche Tran, Coach Prime & Internet Side-Eyes: Are They Dating Or…Godfamily?

Karrueche Tran and Deion Sanders have the Internet all caught up. It’s a mess out here. First came the tears, then came the bedside vigil. Now comes the rumor that has me rubbing my temples. People are saying Karrueche Tran is really Coach Prime’s goddaughter. WTHELLY?

Let’s run it back.

Last week, Karrueche Tran was front and center in a new docu-series, For Your Glory, produced by Deion Sanders Jr. In the footage, the actress/model was seen weeping at the hospital as Sanders underwent surgery to remove cancer from his bladder. It was hard to watch. She held his hand and asked the hard questions. All we saw was a devoted partner or really invested family member. The internet chose… the former. But then there are the rumors.

The dating rumors are hitting harder than Ray Lewis. Folks can’t help but mention the 20-year age gap. Deion Sanders is 57 (almost 58). Karrueche Tran is 37 and glowing. He’s recovering from a major surgery. She’s in what society insists is her “prime.” Love can come in different forms, people.

But it does get murky. What if she’s actually his goddaughter? The chatter was that Karrueche Tran’s father was once a football player and that’s how she and Sanders became family. Based on what I have looked up, (which is simply Google), it’s not checking out.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by AllHipHop (@allhiphopcom)

Digi-archives don’t show any substantial info about her father being in the NFL or even affiliated with Deion Sanders. Honestly, her dad has been respectfully absent from the public eye or something else…just M.I.A. The court of public opinion is still looking. Social media detectives have been dusting off old Karrueche Tran pics, digging through vacation shots and questioning it all. They say she’s trying to “secure the bag.”

Sanders definitely has a bag to be secured. He’s worth somewhere from $45 million to $70 million. Either number makes him one of the most valuable coach/influencers in the country. Neither Karrueche Tran or Coach Prime have said a word.

Honestly, I just hope he’s got someone solid by his side. Whether she’s the girlfriend, goddaughter or just a compassionate companion. If Karrueche Tran is there for love—good. And if she’s not? Well, as long as she’s helping him heal—keep it up. Keep his spirits high. They are both deeply religious and that might be the true connective tissue. This has to be a spiritually, emotionally and physically grueling recovery. God can get us through all things.

Coach Prime is reportedly staying in the game. Personally, I’d like to see him get some real rest. But if he’s gonna keep pushing, he’ll need support. We’ll stay on this one.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Keefe D Begs Supreme Court To Dismiss 2Pac Murder Case—Claims Snitching Was Protected

Keefe D wants out of his murder case, and he’s telling Nevada’s top court that his years of snitching should’ve kept him safe from ever getting charged.

The 62-year-old Duane “Keefe D” Davis is trying to get his case tossed, saying he had a deal with law enforcement that protected him from getting jammed up after talking about what really happened the night Tupac Shakur got gunned down in Vegas in 1996.

Keefe’s legal team is pressing the Nevada Supreme Court to shut the case down, claiming his old cooperation with cops came with promises that his words wouldn’t get thrown back at him.

But those same interviews, confessions and even his book are now the backbone of the state’s case against him.

“Mr. Davis cooperated with law enforcement over the course of more than a decade, relying on repeated assurances that his statements would not be used against him — yet those very statements now form the core of the state’s case,” his lawyer Carl Arnold told ABC in a statement. “That is a clear due process violation. This case is under scrutiny both nationally and internationally. In such a high-profile prosecution, it’s critical that our justice system not only uphold the law, but be seen to be fair, consistent, and constitutional.”

The murder case, which sat cold for nearly three decades, came back to life after Keefe started talking in interviews and dropped a memoir, Compton Street Legend, laying it all out.

Prosecutors say he ran point on the hit, handed out the gun and rode in the car that pulled up on Tupac and Suge Knight near the Vegas Strip on September 7, 1996.

Tupac Shakur, 25, was shot four times and died six days later. Suge Knight was grazed and survived.

Hours before the shooting, Pac and his crew had jumped Keefe’s nephew Orlando Anderson inside the MGM Grand. Cops say that the fight triggered the revenge hit that killed the rap legend.

Keefe, a known Crips shot-caller from South Central, got indicted in 2023 and locked up in Vegas. He’s pleaded not guilty and is still sitting behind bars waiting for trial, which got pushed to early 2026.

He also made headlines claiming Diddy offered him millions to take out Tupac Shakur and Suge Knight. Diddy has consistently denied any part in the hit and hasn’t been charged.

Keefe’s defense says there’s no physical evidence, no eyewitnesses and no corroborating evidence to support the confessions.

Now, the state’s highest court will decide if Keefe’s snitch deal covers him, or if he’s finally gonna face a jury.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Ryan Coogler & Regina King Teaming Up On Harlem Horror? “Bitter Root” Rumors Swirl

Regina King. Ryan Coogler. Monsters. Harlem in the 1920s.

This is reportedly happening, people. As Sinners continues its successful run, we have another one on the horizon. The energy brewing right now could an epic conversion from a most daring comic book to the big screen. Yes, an incredible adaptation is on deck, according to reports. Word on the street is Bitter Root, the award-winning comic, is getting the Hollywood treatment. The series blends horror, history and Hip-Hop-level swagger together. You saw the names. There are powerhouses pushing this to the light.

Bitter Root is set in 1924 Harlem and follows a Black family of monster hunters. But these aren’t your average monsters. They’re called Jinoo and they’re born from hate and racism. When hatred takes over a human soul, it literally transforms them into a creature. And this family, which has its own trauma and beliefs, has to come back together to stop the evil.

According to internet reports, Regina King is directing and producing the movie. Yes, Regina King, who we love from 227. She’s all grown up and has pushed out classics like One Night in Miami and Watchmen.

Ryan Coogler and wife Zinzi Coogler are allegedly producing it under their banner Proximity Media with Sev Ohanian. David F. Walker, Sanford Greene and Chuck Brown. Bitter Root‘s creators are reportedly locked in as executive producers. That means the source material will be right and exact.

The script is being retooled as we speak and there’s no release date yet. I’m thinking this will be like Jordan Peele-style social horror set in the Harlem Renaissance. One source told me, “It’s gonna flip the superhero genre on its head.” I’m here for it.

Bitter Root is not your typical capes-and-costumes flick. It’s comic pulp meets politics. With Regina King at the helm, this could be the film that changes how Hollywood handles our stories. Well, Sinners kind of did that already, but we can always take a few more.

Here are some pics of the Bitter Root (Middle: David F. Walker and Sanford Greene) crew and the AllHipHop squad (Chris Brown and Chuck “Jigsaw” Creekmur) a few years ago.

The Bitter Root (Middle: David F. Walker and Sanford Greene) crew and the AllHipHop squad (Chris Brown and Chuck "Jigsaw" Creekmur)

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Dr. Dre’s Mixing Console Used For Iconic Albums Breaks Auction Record

Dr. Dre‘s legendary SSL 4000 G+ mixing console used to craft era-defining albums by Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, 50 Cent, JAY-Z, Snoop Dogg, Gwen Stefani and Mary J. Blige  fetched $165,000 at auction, setting a new high-water mark for Hip-Hop studio gear.

The sale, handled by memorabilia platform The Realest, shattered the previous record of $69,000 held by RZA’s E-mu SP-1200 drum machine, which was used on Wu-Tang Clan’s 1993 debut, Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers).

The console, currently on display at the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles, was purchased by collector Ryan Zurrer, who shared his excitement on X, formerly known as Twitter.

“Grateful to pick up the signature instrument that Dre took the time to perfect the beat… brought the oldies, taught you to smoke trees… still DRE,” Zurrer posted. “This iconic part of hip-hop history will be available to the public (at the Hip Hop Museum)—because it ain’t no fun if the homies can’t have none.”

The auction, titled “Straight Outta the West Coast Hip-Hop,” also featured memorabilia from N.W.A’s DJ Yella,  Snoop Dogg, Xzibit and others. Items included DJ Yella’s RIAA plaque for Straight Outta Compton, handwritten lyrics by Snoop and signed scripts and art proofs from Xzibit.

The Realest, known for authenticating and selling rare collectibles, works with major sports leagues like the NFL and NBA, as well as entertainment brands including NBC/Universal, Paramount Pictures and artists like J Balvin.

A pioneering force in Hip-Hop, Dr. Dre rose to prominence with N.W.A. before launching a solo career that redefined West Coast rap. His 1992 debut, The Chronic, became a cultural milestone, and his production work helped shape the careers of Eminem, Snoop Dogg and Kendrick Lamar. Dre’s influence extends beyond music into business, with his Beats by Dre brand becoming a global success.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

EXCLUSIVE: Megan Thee Stallion Wants Tory Lanez Sanctioned For Refusing To Explain Crazy Deposition

Megan Thee Stallion is urging a Florida federal judge to penalize Tory Lanez after he failed to explain his erratic conduct during a court-ordered deposition in her ongoing defamation lawsuit.

Megan’s attorneys have asked the judge to impose sanctions on Lanez for ignoring an April 17 order that required him to justify why he should not be held in contempt. The order followed a deposition on April 9 that quickly unraveled into what Megan’s legal team described as “bad faith” conduct.

Lanez is currently incarcerated in California, where he is serving a 10-year sentence for the 2020 shooting of Megan Thee Stallion. He was formally served with the order but never responded by the April 30 deadline.

Megan’s lawyers noted that no hearing has been scheduled yet and have now filed a formal notice to move the process forward. They are asking the court to force Tory Lanez to cover all legal fees related to the deposition and to appoint a special master—at Lanez’s expense—to oversee any future testimony.

If that’s not granted, they’ve requested a hearing as soon as possible.

The deposition, conducted via Zoom from prison, was part of Megan’s $10 million defamation case against YouTuber Milagro Gramz.

The lawsuit accuses Gramz of spreading false claims about Megan’s mental health, honesty under oath and alleged substance abuse, allegedly in coordination with Lanez and his father.

During the deposition, Tory Lanez repeatedly interrupted proceedings, mocked the process and insulted Megan’s attorney, Mari Henderson.

At one point, he said, “Your hair is distracting me. There’s a reason for what I am asking. Your hair is distracting me.” He also added, “She should have waited to wait for that hair dye. It is the wrong blonde.”

He challenged Henderson’s authority to question him and made sarcastic remarks about basic legal terms. When asked to define “meet,” Lanez launched into a tangent: “Meat could be a hot dog; meat could be a steak.”

The deposition was cut short after about an hour due to his refusal to cooperate.

Just weeks after the failed deposition, Tory Lanez was stabbed 14 times inside the California Correctional Institution in Tehachapi. The May 12 attack left him with collapsed lungs and multiple injuries to his back, torso, head and face. He has since recovered enough to breathe without assistance.

The court has yet to schedule a hearing on the contempt motion.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Meek Mill Calls Out Shannon Sharpe’s ESPN Exit After Lawsuit Settlement

Meek Mill weighed in on Shannon Sharpe losing his ESPN role this week, just days after settling a high-profile rape lawsuit.

The Philly rapper hopped online with his blunt reaction late Wednesday night (July 30). He wrote, “Yall too old to be getting fired fr.”

The comment came hours after news broke that Sharpe would not return to ESPN, following the resolution of a $50 million civil lawsuit filed in April by a woman identified as “Jane Doe.”

Sharpe addressed his departure on his “Nightcap” podcast Wednesday (July 30). He revealed he had asked ESPN to delay the announcement until after his brother Sterling Sharpe’s Pro Football Hall of Fame induction.

“The only thing that I really asked is, ‘Guys, could we wait until Monday? My brother’s going into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I really want it to be about him and I want it to be about my family,” Sharpe explained. “I said, ‘This coming out will overshadow everything he’s worked his entire life for.’ And, unfortunately, it didn’t happen that way.”

Sharpe added, “They did what they felt they needed to do, I’m at peace with that. I just wish this thing could’ve waited until Monday because I hate the fact that I am overshadowing my brother.”

The suit, lodged in Nevada, accused Sharpe of sexual assault, battery and inflicting emotional distress during alleged incidents in late 2024 and early 2025.

Sharpe denied the allegations through his legal team, calling the relationship “entirely consensual” and describing the lawsuit as a “shakedown.”

The case was settled in July, though the terms were not made public. No criminal charges have been filed.

ESPN has not issued a formal statement on the decision or its timing, though multiple outlets confirmed the separation followed the settlement.

Meek Mill Faced Backlash Over Photos

Back in April, Meek Mill caught heat online for posting a photo with two White female fans shortly after the lawsuit against Sharpe became public. Critics accused him of being tone-deaf. Meek dismissed the backlash, writing, “It’s a regular pic with fans. Internet melting the minds of the black community wthelly.”

Sharpe had taken a break from ESPN after Doe filed the lawsuit. However he had initially planned to return for the 2025 NFL season.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Headline News

E.coli infections rise by 26% – as source of outbreaks revealed

Infections from a strain of E.coli that causes stomach issues rose by more than 25% last year – with toddlers most commonly affected, figures show.The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News

Categories
Headline News

Man guilty of assaulting two female police officers at airport

A man has been found guilty of assaulting two female police officers at Manchester Airport last year.The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News

Categories
Headline News

Dentist who poisoned wife’s protein shakes – and gave fatal dose of cyanide – jailed for life

A dentist has been jailed for life for poisoning his wife’s protein shakes before delivering a fatal dose of cyanide while she was in hospital.The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News