Categories
Hip Hop

Freddie Gibbs & The Alchemist Bring “Alfredo” To Life With New Movie

Freddie Gibbs and The Alchemist brought their cinematic flair to the big screen with the premiere of Alfredo: The Movie, a short film debuting Wednesday (July 16) at Brain Dead Studios in Los Angeles to mark the five-year anniversary of their acclaimed 2020 album Alfredo and build anticipation for its sequel, Alfredo 2.

The film, which stars both Gibbs and The Alchemist, dives deeper into the noir-inspired, mafioso themes that defined the original project.

With a visual style pulled straight from classic gangster flicks, the short expands the world they created on wax, now brought to life on screen.

The Los Angeles premiere is set to include a live Q&A with Gibbs, The Alchemist and director Nick Walker, giving attendees a behind-the-scenes look at the creative process behind the film and the upcoming album.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Freddie Gibbs (@freddiegibbs)

Released in 2020, Alfredo was praised for its cinematic production and vivid storytelling, earning a Grammy nomination and cementing its place as a modern Hip-Hop staple. The new film serves as both a tribute to that legacy and a teaser for what’s next.

Alfredo 2, officially confirmed by the duo, is expected to drop later in 2025.

While a specific date hasn’t been announced, the sequel’s cover art has already made waves online, featuring a nod to the original’s imagery—this time with hands puppeteering ramen noodles instead of fettuccine.

The buzz around Alfredo 2 has only grown louder, with fans and critics alike eager to see how the pair will evolve their sound.

Expectations are high for another round of gritty bars from Freddie Gibbs and lush, soulful beats from The Alchemist, with speculation swirling about potential guest appearances.

The short film adds momentum to the rollout, giving audiences a visual appetizer ahead of the full-course album expected later this year.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Project Pat’s Son’s Accused Killer Arrested After Struggle With U.S. Marshals

A woman named Talia Jones was taken into custody Tuesday (July 15) in Minneapolis by U.S. Marshals after being charged in connection with the January shooting death of Patrick Houston Jr., the son of Memphis rap veteran and brother of Juicy J, Project Pat.

Jones, who had been wanted for facilitation of first-degree murder, allegedly resisted arrest when authorities located her. “She did not go quietly,” the U.S. Marshals Service said in a statement. Officials said she physically fought back and tried to avoid being detained.

The Memphis Police Department issued a warrant for Jones’ arrest on June 27, nearly six months after Houston Jr. was gunned down in broad daylight at the intersection of Ketchum Road and Long Street near Charjean Park in the Imogene Heights neighborhood. Officers arrived at the scene around 1:15 p.m. on January 10 and found Houston Jr. dead from a gunshot wound, according to a post on Twitter (X) from the department.

No further details about the motive or circumstances surrounding the shooting have been released.

Houston Jr.’s obituary confirmed he was 22 years old. A memorial service was held January 25 at M.J. Edwards Funeral Home in Memphis, with burial following at Memphis Memory Gardens.

Project Pat, born Patrick Earl Houston, is known for his work with Three 6 Mafia and his solo career, which took off after his 1999 debut album, Ghetty Green. He gained national attention with the 2000 hit “Sippin’ On Some Syrup” and has since collaborated with artists like Drake, Rick Ross and Denzel Curry.

Following his son’s death, Project Pat posted on Instagram, “Boy i thank God for another day. @breakinbaggs @gofoundation9 #letsgo.” DJ Paul, a founding member of Three 6 Mafia, responded with a string of prayer emojis.

Project Pat now focuses much of his time on prison ministry and runs the Go Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at outreach and rehabilitation for incarcerated individuals.

Jones remains in custody following her arrest in Minnesota.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Barack Obama Relieved He Never Had Son

Barack Obama opened up about fatherhood and personal shortcomings during a revealing conversation on Michelle Obama‘s podcast, admitting he’s thankful he didn’t have to raise a son because he believes it would have been “more difficult.”

The former president, now 63, joined his wife on her show, Michelle Obama: The Light Podcast, where he reflected on parenting their daughters, Malia, 27, and Sasha, 24, and why he’s relieved they never had a son.

“I think we did a pretty good job of raising our girls, but I’ve said often that I think I would have had more difficulty raising a son,” Barack Obama said. Michelle, 61, didn’t hesitate to back him up, replying, “I agree.”

Obama explained that his concern wasn’t about discipline or expectations—it was empathy. “I think I might’ve been more judgmental, harder,” he admitted.

He also pointed to his own upbringing, which lacked a consistent male role model.

“I would’ve tried to—I’d like to think I would have been more self-aware enough to combat that,” he said. “But I just think father-son relationships, for me, particularly if I don’t have a dad around to show it to me, might’ve been more difficult.”

Obama’s father, Barack Obama Sr., was largely absent from his life.

In a 2021 Instagram post, the former president wrote, “I didn’t really know my father—he left my mother and me when I was two years old, and only traveled from Kenya to visit us once, when I was ten. That trip was the first and last I saw of him; after that, I heard from him only through the occasional letter.”

The episode adds another layer to Obama’s long-standing reflections on fatherhood, identity and the emotional gaps left by his father’s absence. The podcast was released in 2024.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

President Trump & Pam Biondi Fires Diddy & Epstein Prosecutor In MAGA Sacrifice

Justice Department federal prosecutor Maurene Comey lost her job Wednesday (July 16) week in New York’s Southern District after leading sex trafficking cases against both Sean “Diddy” Combs and Jeffrey Epstein.

Comey, the daughter of Donald Trump’s sworn enemy and former FBI Director James Comey, was reportedly dismissed by Attorney General Pam Bondi, who issued the removal with support from Donald Trump.

A letter reportedly mentioned “Article II of the Constitution,” pointing to the president’s executive powers, although no further explanation has been given.

The Department of Justice hasn’t commented. Neither the U.S. Attorney’s Office nor the White House, according to sources.

Comey was a lead in prosecuting Diddy, who is awaiting sentencing on October 3 for federal sex-trafficking charges. She also led previous efforts in the Epstein investigation and was part of the team that contributed to Ghislaine Maxwell‘s conviction.

Though the official reasoning hasn’t surfaced, the decision has been seen by President Trump’s critics as more political than procedural, as MAGA loyalists grow increasingly agitated over Biondi’s handling of Epstein-related documents.

Comey’s removal adds another wrinkle to a broader internal conflict within MAGA circles over the lack of transparency surrounding the Epstein case.

MAGA extremists have demanded access to sealed Epstein documents, growing increasingly suspicious over the Justice Department’s repeated claim that “there is no client list” and no evidence of blackmail.

Critics in conservative media are accusing the administration of hiding explosive information.

MAGA infighting has erupted, with some demanding resignations within the Justice Department over what’s being portrayed by hardliners as a government-wide cover-up.

Donald Trump himself has dismissed the outrage. He recently lashed out at the concerns, labeling critics “weaklings” and accusing his base of falling for a “b####### hoax.”

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Beyoncé, JAY-Z Face Off In High-Stakes Emmy Race

Beyoncé is going head-to-head with her husband Jay-Z for a 2025 Emmy after both landed nominations in the Outstanding Variety Special (Live) category for separate high-profile performances.

The Beyoncé Bowl halftime show, which streamed on Netflix during the NFL’s Christmas Day game, earned the 32-time Grammy winner her latest Emmy nod.

Meanwhile, Jay-Z, whose real name is Shawn Carter, received a nomination as an executive producer of Kendrick Lamar’s Apple Music Super Bowl LIX Halftime Show.

This isn’t Jay-Z’s first time in this Emmy lane.

He previously won the same award in 2022 for his production work on the Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show, which featured Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Mary J. Blige, Eminem, Lamar and 50 Cent.

The Carters are no strangers to sharing the spotlight during awards season.

In November 2023, Beyoncé tied Jay-Z as the most-nominated artist in Grammy history after scoring nine nominations for her genre-blending album Cowboy Carter, bringing her career total to 88.

The couple’s journey began in the early 2000s, when they started dating after meeting in their early 20s.

They married in a private ceremony in 2008 and have since welcomed three children: Blue Ivy in 2012 and twins Rumi and Sir in 2017.

The 2025 Emmy Awards will air later this year, with winners announced during the live broadcast.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Headline News

‘We’re a team’: Minister defends PM’s decision to suspend Labour rebels

A minister has defended Sir Keir Starmer’s decision to discipline rebellious MPs, saying they would have used “stronger” language against those who are “continually causing trouble”.The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News

Categories
Headline News

A humanoid robot has painted a picture of Charles. How did it do? 

Whether or not the UK will have a Royal Family in the future is something that often comes up in debate.The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News

Categories
Headline News

Acid attacks rise in UK – with 25% of them in an area that’s home to just 2% of the population

The number of acid attacks has risen 10% in a year, according to a Freedom of Information request to UK police forces.The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News

Categories
Headline News

Trump hits out at ‘weakling’ supporters after criticism over Epstein files

Donald Trump has called his own supporters “weaklings” as he tries to subdue criticism of his administration’s handling of records about the Jeffrey Epstein case.The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News

Categories
Headline News

‘It was hell on Earth’: 62 people now say they experienced abuse at children’s home run by a ‘cult’

“It was like hell on Earth.”The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News