Categories
Hip Hop

Tyler Perry Accuser Claims He Stayed Silent Out Of Fear Of Retaliation

Actor Derek Dixon detailed disturbing allegations and his decision to go public in a new interview after suing Tyler Perry for $260 million, claiming sexual harassment and abuse of power during his time on The Oval.

The actor, who played a recurring role in Perry’s BET drama, spoke to The Hollywood Reporter in his first public remarks since filing the lawsuit. “Everyone deserves to go to work and do their job without their boss trying to have sex with them,” Dixon said.

He alleges Perry created a “coercive, sexually exploitative dynamic” by dangling promises of career opportunities in exchange for sexual favors. Dixon claims the director sent him explicit messages and also described specific incidents, including Perry allegedly groping him in a trailer and climbing into bed with him after a night of drinking.

In one instance, Dixon said he locked himself in a bathroom overnight at Perry’s home in 2021, fearing he might be raped.

Dixon Claims He Received Treats After Accusing Tyler Perry

“I was too afraid to come forward. I knew it would be awful. And I was right,” Dixon said, explaining his initial silence. “I tried to convince myself that this was part of the industry, or that I had to accept it to keep working. But eventually, I couldn’t stay silent anymore.”

He added, “I couldn’t just let him get away with this.”

Since filing the lawsuit, Dixon said he’s received threats and backlash. “This is why people, especially men, don’t come forward,” he said.

The lawsuit also claims Dixon’s character on The Oval was left in limbo as a form of pressure. He says the stress from the alleged harassment led to depression, anxiety, physical illness and a PTSD diagnosis.

Perry, through his legal team, has categorically denied all accusations, calling the lawsuit a “scam” and asserting that the claims are fabricated.

Asked whether he would consider a private settlement, Dixon said, “There are always attempts to resolve situations like this privately, but they never result in the type of change necessary to protect further victims. At the end of the day my absolute fear is that he will be able to continue doing this without any major consequences.”

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Gervonta Davis Busted For Punching, Slapping, Mother Of His Kids On Father’s Day

Gervonta Davis was arrested early Friday in Doral, Florida, after police say the lightweight boxing champion assaulted his ex-girlfriend during a heated custody dispute last month on Father’s Day.

On June 15, Davis went to the woman’s house to get the two children he shares with her. A dispute arose, and the boxer said he was no longer interested in taking the children.

According to the arrest report, Davis allegedly punched the woman in the head and slapped her in the face when she reached into his car to pick up their daughter.

The woman called her mother, who recorded Gervonta Davis raging and throwing a box at the victim.

The cops picked Davis up for the assault and sent him to the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center, where he is currently being held on a battery charge.

This isn’t the first time Davis has been in legal trouble related to alleged violence.

In 2020, he was busted on video grabbing the mother of his child by the neck at a charity basketball game in at the University of Miami. He later turned himself in and faced a misdemeanor battery charge.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Chris Brown’s Legal Drama Continues In London Club Case With New Charges

Chris Brown showed up in a London courtroom Friday morning (July 11) and pleaded not guilty to two more charges tied to that wild nightclub incident where he allegedly cracked a dude with a tequila bottle.

The courtroom was packed with about 20 supporters watching from the gallery, clearly riding for Breezy, who is now fighting accusations of assault causing actual bodily harm and carrying a weapon in public.

This all stems from a February 2023 situation at Tape nightclub where music producer Abraham Diaw says Brown went off on him.

Brown got picked up in Manchester back in May when he landed in the U.K. for his Breezy Bowl tour. Cops held him for nearly a week until he dropped a whopping $6.7 million for bai to get out.

Brown had already pleaded not guilty last month to the more serious charge—attempting to cause grievous bodily harm. His boy Hoody Baby is also charged and pleaded not guilty in connection to the fracas back in June.

Still, he didn’t let the arrest slow him down. He hit the stage in Manchester just weeks later and even joked about the whole thing.

“Thank you for coming and supporting me. And thank you to the jail… It was really nice,” Chris Brown said.

The trial’ is scheduled for October 26, 2026.

Excerpt:

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Kid Cudi Marries Longtime Love Lola Abecassis Sartore in Glamorous French Ceremony

Kid Cudi’s newest chapter in music came with an even bigger moment in his personal life. The Cleveland-born rapper and actor tied the knot with longtime partner Lola Abecassis Sartore.

The affair went down on June 28 at the luxurious Hôtel Cap-Estel on the French Riviera.

The wedding, described by the bride as a “perfect, flawless day,” was steeped in meaning, style and a deep connection to the late fashion visionary Virgil Abloh.

The couple first connected at Abloh’s debut Louis Vuitton show in Paris nearly seven years ago. “I was working behind the scenes, and Scott [Cudi] was walking the runway. Our eyes met in the chaos, and there was a silent spark. After the show, Scott walked straight up and asked for my number,” Lola told Vogue.

Fittingly, the newlyweds paid homage to the beloved designer with a bounce castle at the reception. The act was a nod to Abloh’s whimsical fashion-meets-art legacy. Musical guests BADBADNOTGOOD, who had once played at Abloh’s 2018 LV show, brought live energy to the intimate celebration.

Cudi serenaded his bride with two unreleased songs from his upcoming album Free. It was an indication of things to come.

Cudi recently unveiled the single “Grave,” teasing more musical transformation even though he’s already a genre-bender.

The wedding is a wild shift from the energy around Cudi during the Sean “Diddy” Combs trial. There was a rumored love triangle involving Cudi, Diddy and Cassie Ventura.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Willis (@kidcudi)

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Fatman Scoop Honored With Street Naming Ceremony In Harlem

The corner of 109th Street and 5th Avenue will soon carry the name of a hometown hero when it’s officially named “Isaac ‘Fatman Scoop’ Freeman III Place” in a public ceremony. The affair takes place Saturday, August 9 at 2 p.m. in Harlem, New York.

Grammy Award-winning artist Isaac “Fatman Scoop” Freeman III will be honored by his family, New York City Council Member Dr. Yusef Salaam and the Forever Fatman Scoop Foundation. Scoop was a native of Harlem and a beloved member of the Hip-Hop community.

Known worldwide for his booming voice, Scoop’s contributions to music, entertainment and community empowerment go back decades. Still, his heart has never strayed far from the block that raised him.

“Scoop has always represented Harlem with pride,” said Kendell “Sav” Freeman, his brother. “This co-naming is a tribute not just to his artistry, but to his ongoing commitment to uplifting the community that raised him.”

The ceremony is expected to draw friends, family, civic leaders and community members. All of them to convene to recognize a figure who has carried Harlem’s energy across the globe.

With hits like Be Faithful” and multiple Grammy wins under his belt, Freeman has collaborated with some of the most prominent names in music.

Scoop’s relentless loyalty for giving back made him a figure worthy of this rare municipal honor.

Dr. Salaam’s support of the initiative also adds profound symbolism. Dr. Salaam is a member of the Exonerated Five and now a public servant. Other attendees at the co-naming will bring the same raw energy as Scoop rocking the stage.

Fatman Scoop unfortunately passed away after collapsing during a performance in Hamden, Connecticut, on August 30, 2024. Medical reports later confirmed his death was due to hypertensive and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. There were no signs of foul play.

The event is open to the public.

EVENT DETAILS
Date: Saturday, August 9, 2025
Time: 2:00 PM
Location: Corner of 109th Street & 5th Avenue, New York, NY 10029

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Young Buck Assault, Vandalism Trial Derailed Until 2026 Over Health Concerns

Young Buck can breathe a little bit before facing a jury in his assault and vandalism case—his lawyer’s health issues just bought him six months.

The rapper’s trial, originally set for July 24 in Sumner County, Tennessee, got bumped to January 12, 2026. The judge gave the green light after Buck’s attorney couldn’t move forward due to medical problems.

Cops say Buck went off during an October 2020 fight with his ex-girlfriend Lucresia Neal, wrecking property, putting his hands on Neal and trying to slam her to the ground.

Neal wasn’t quiet either. She allegedly fired warning shots at Buck and ended up getting booked herself for reckless endangerment with a weapon.

Buck was released on a $60,000 bond, but the court imposed strict conditions, including GPS tracking and regular check-ins with a bond supervisor.

Then, in 2022, Buck was arrested again for allegedly trashing Neal’s car.

According to police, he texted her, saying he was pulling up and when she didn’t answer the door, Young Buck started kicking it. After the rap star left, she found her car damaged.

Cops backed up her story with security footage. That stunt and missing meetings with his bond supervisor landed him in jail for 30 days.

Young Buck’s fans were furious at the sentence and protesters showed up to picket outside the courthouse, calling out what they say is shady behavior from local officials.

“We thank the demonstrators for their cooperation and for expressing their views in a lawful and respectful manner. Our office remains committed to ensuring public safety while safeguarding the constitutional rights of every citizen,” said Sheriff Eric Craddock after the demonstrations on behalf Buck ended.

Despite all the legal chaos, Buck’s still dropping music. He recently released a seven-track EP called Target Practice.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

What’s Really Going On With JAY-Z & Nicki Minaj?

What’s really going on between Nicki Minaj and JAY-Z? I’ve been trying to figure it out because some of the things Nicki has been saying lately just don’t add up. I admit I don’t know it all. In my opinion, some of her comments have been completely outrageous.

READ ALSO: Nicki Minaj Says JAY-Z Owes Her Hundreds Of Millions, Ruined Hip-Hop, Basketball & Football

And after all this time, it’s surprising to see this much venom directed at JAY-Z, one of the people who helped elevate her career in the early days. But that’s just how I see it. Nicki has her own side of the story, which is playing out on social media. Either way, what we think doesn’t really change the facts. There’s a lot of noise happening on social media, especially on Twitter, but what are the actual legal moves behind the scenes?

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by AllHipHop (@allhiphopcom)

What I gather, Nicki believes Jay is responsible for derailing her career and paper. She wants compensation for her her financial instability to the tune of 100 million smackeroos. One post claimed she never got her equity in Tidal because she didn’t sign off on her paperwork. That mistake allegedly cost her millions. The thread goes even further, saying she’s now facing financial losses, has liens against her name and was forced to tour for free to cover debts. Allegedly. The post basically accuses Jay of foul play—and that includes Roc Nation, which once managed her and is a branch of Live Nation.

What’s interesting is that these claims might be breadcrumbs to a deeper story. But again, I can’t tell what’s real and what’s just smoke. So check this out and let me know what you think.

Now, there’s this: this tweet seems to be something the OP paraphrased from mogul Steve Stoute. Everybody knows he’s considered one of JAY-Z’s closest allies. The OP repackaged them as their own take. Later in the thread, the person admitted the information came from Stoute. Stoute is likely to support Jay’s narrative rather than Nicki’s. By the way, Jay hasn’t commented publicly. Still, even filtered through that lens, it provides some perspective into how business deals may have gone sideways.

Jigga and Nicki’s relationship, it hasn’t always been this tense. At one point, Jigga Man co-signed Nicki. From my POV, he and others put her in position to win, bringing her to broader audiences. At this point, I’m thinking I could be wrong. Now, we are deep in the mess.

Nicki even posted cryptic comments last year, hinting at betrayal. This beef has been simmering for a while. Follow the smoke, folks. If it ever came down to bars, Nicki’s pen is still crazy.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Barbie (@nickiminaj)

Here’s more:

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Barbie (@nickiminaj)

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Barbie (@nickiminaj)

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

French Montana & Dubai Princess: Is Bag Secured?

French Montana and royalty? That’s the headline we didn’t know we needed this summer. The Bronx-raised, battle-DVD-tested, Morocco-born rapper has apparently locked in with an actual princess from Dubai. A real princess, ya’all. This sounds like a movie.

Let me back up. I know how this sounds, but I’m going to give myself some space to act out. Don’t judge me. Don’t @ me. Let’s just walk through this.

For those of us who go back with French, we remember when he was the DVD kingpin….all Coke Boys, all street raps, all hoodie days. The dude was documenting—literally interviewing—the New York underworld. So to see this guy holding hands with someone who probably has more money than Trump is crazy work.

The internet got a taste of their love and went crazy. It was giving us Jay Electronica and Kate Emma Rothschild vibes. French looked like he just got baptized. The princess was flawless. No cap. You know we all said, “He secured the bag!”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Hot Freestyle (@hotfreestyle)

But I’m thinking this is love. Word on the street is that the princess’s father—ahem, The King—fully approves of the relationship.

On the low, people are also happy French Montana avoided that Diddy crap. French has kept his name squeaky clean. That’s not luck. “He’s out of here” is the message I’m receiving.

French Montana’s life as a rapper hasn’t exactly been poppin’ as of late. But that doesn’t mean he fell off. That just means the landscape shifted. Some of us are sitting in our “Ted Bundy chairs,” as he takes the throne. We once played Coke Wave mixtapes and now play podcasts on 2x-speed. It is what it is.

But you know what? French Montana looks happy and healthy. Flex, brother, flex! Now, I’m about to go play some Montana music and find my princess. Let the Googling of flights to Dubai begin.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Kanye West’s Planned Appearance Causes Entire Hip-Hop Festival To Be Canceled

Kanye West received some bad news from Slovakia after protests and artist boycotts led to the cancelation of his headlining gig at the Rubicon Festival.

The Rubicon Festival, which was supposed to go down July 18–20 outside Bratislava, was completely scrapped after locals freaked out because West’s name was on the bill.

The rapper was listed as the main act for what promoters had hyped as his only European show of the year, but that plan fell apart quickly.

Organizers dropped the news on Instagram, saying, “It is with regret that we announce: Rubicon Festival will not take place this year. This was not an easy decision. Due to media pressure and the withdrawal of several artists and partners, we were unable to deliver the festival at the standard of quality you deserve.”

They added, “We understand this news is disappointing, and we truly apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused.”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by RUBICON FESTIVAL (@rubiconfestival)

Translation: too many people bailed and the backlash got too loud.

The drama kicked off last month when more than 6,000 people signed a petition demanding Kanye West be dropped from the lineup.

The petition slammed him for “repeatedly and openly adhering to symbols and (an) ideology connected with the darkest period of modern global history.”

Slovak media also threw some shade, pointing out that the festival site was literally just a wheat field.

West has been under fire for dropping a track called “Heil Hitler” and selling s####### tees on his site earlier this year.

Meanwhile, another outlet reported that West might hit the stage in Prague this September, but no official confirmation has been made. As of now, West hasn’t said a word about the cancellation.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Mariah Carey Goes Viral Over Jeff Bezos Wedding Reply

Mariah Carey shut down a nosy paparazzo in Malibu after getting hit with a random question about Jeff Bezos’ over-the-top wedding in Italy.

The Mariah Carey moment happened earlier this week when she was out strolling with her crew in Malibu and got ambushed by a photographer who clearly thought they were slick.

The dude asked her, “What did you think about Jeff Bezos’s wedding?” and without missing a beat, Mariah hit him with a dry, “I wasn’t there.”

But the pap didn’t stop there. He pushed again, asking, “Were you not invited or what?” That’s when Mariah clapped back with a sharp, “Oh, don’t turn this into that.

The clip, which popped up on TikTok via the Paparazzi Videos account, instantly blew up.

Social media went wild, with folks comparing it to her legendary “I don’t know her” moment from 2003 when she shaded Jennifer Lopez without even blinking.

One person joked, “She doesn’t know them,” while another added, “I was waiting for her to say… I don’t know them.” Someone else chimed in, “Haha she doesn’t care about Bezos wedding, she’s Mariah Carey!”

The Bezos bash was a three-day flex in Venice, Italy, packed with A-listers like Kim Kardashian and Orlando Bloom, but clearly, Mariah wasn’t on the guest list—or didn’t care to be.

No word yet from her team, and honestly, she probably doesn’t feel the need to explain anything.

​AllHipHop