Categories
Entertainment

Savannah Guthrie Stepping Away From ‘Today’ Again as Mother Remains Missing

Reading Time: 2 minutes

Back in April, fans rejoiced when Savannah Guthrie returned to the Today show following a two-month hiatus.

The occasion was bittersweet, of course, as Savannah’s mother, Nancy Guthrie, was still missing, and she has yet to be found even now.

But Savannah was obviously overjoyed to be back with her Today family — which is why many viewers were shocked by today’s announcement that she’ll be taking another hiatus.

Hoda Kotb and Savannah Guthrie embrace at the end of the show on the set of NBC's Today Show, November 29, 2017 in New York City.
Hoda Kotb and Savannah Guthrie embrace at the end of the show on the set of NBC’s Today Show, November 29, 2017 in New York City. (Drew Angerer/Getty Images)

Yes, Savannah announced during the July 16 broadcast that she’ll be stepping away from the anchor desk for the next several weeks — but fans don’t need to worry. This isn’t another unexpected absence.

Instead, Guthrie is taking time away for an exciting new career opportunity.

During the show’s “PopStart” segment, Carson Daly reminded viewers that NBC is bringing the wildly popular Wordle word game to television, with Guthrie serving as host.

“And you’ve got some news about Wordle,” Daly said before turning things over to his colleague.

Guthrie then revealed exactly why she’ll be disappearing from viewers’ morning routines.

“We’re about to do it,” she said. “Guys, I’m headed over to shoot Wordle. Over the next few weeks, we’re gonna shoot the whole season, and we’re super excited. Cannot wait for everyone to see it.”

She added that the series is expected to premiere sometime in the new year.

Guthrie’s announcement was met with enthusiastic reactions from her fellow anchors.

Sheinelle Jones recalled how obsessed the Today team became when Wordle first exploded in popularity.

“I just remember when Wordle hit the Today show group, and we became obsessed,” Jones said. “We were texting each other. And so, now to bring it full circle and have you doing this is pretty awesome.”

Craig Melvin called Guthrie the “perfect host” for the new series, while Jenna Bush Hager admitted the team will miss having her around while she’s away filming.

The Wordle hosting gig has been in the works for months.

NBC first announced earlier this year that Guthrie would front the game show, which is executive produced by Jimmy Fallon.

Production was originally expected to begin months ago but was delayed as Guthrie dealt with the disappearance of her mother.

Now, filming is finally getting underway, giving Guthrie a chance to focus on a project she has repeatedly described as joyful.

For Today fans, the good news is that this isn’t a permanent goodbye.

It’s simply a temporary break while she films an entire season of Wordle before returning to NBC’s morning lineup.

Savannah Guthrie Stepping Away From ‘Today’ Again as Mother Remains Missing was originally published on The Hollywood Gossip.

​The Hollywood Gossip

Categories
Sports Fox

Messi’s Iconic Shrug And Bellingham’s Barco Slap: Argentina-England Was Tense

The World Cup semifinal between England and Argentina on Wednesday proved to be an all-timer that featured tons of tough physical play. And it also produced what surely will be one of the most iconic images in the tournament’s history. With England up a goal against Argentina thanks to Anthony Gordon’s 55th-minute goal, Lionel Messi and Jude Bellingham then traded words after a stoppage in play due to a foul. As Bellingham walked away smirking, the Argentina icon shrugged off the England star and went to work on rallying his team to victory. Enzo Fernández then leveled up the score at 1-all for Argentina in the 85th minute, knocking through a score off an assist from Messi, who then assisted on the eventual game-winning goal from Lautaro Martínez in the second minute of stoppage time. After the final whistle, several England players got in the faces of a handful of Argentina players, a scene that included Bellingham slapping Argentina midfielder Valentín Barco in the back of the head. But the scuffle and the background noise didn’t stop the eight-time Ballon d’Or winner from taking in the moment as his teammates lifted their talismanic captain into the air and sang along with the supporters in the stands. After the match, Bellingham explained what caused the exchange with Messi. “We were discussing a foul actually,” Bellingham later said. “It was nothing bad. I’m sure everyone will do their thing and make it a big deal [out of it]. But it was nothing big really. “I thought there was a foul earlier and he said: ‘What about the one on me?’ I said: ‘You’re strong enough to take it.’ You know what I mean? After a first half with 19 combined fouls (Argentina had 12, while England had seven), England drew first blood when Gordon found the back of the net in the 55th minute before Argentina’s late rally. Concurrently, both Messi and Bellingham have been among the standout performers of the tournament. “It was a privilege to play against him, it was nothing like that against him. I’m obviously on the losing side which hurts a lot. But a privilege to line up against one of the best,” Bellingham said. Messi has totaled eight goals — which is tied with France superstar striker Kylian Mbappé for the most in the tournament — and four assists, highlighted by a hat trick against Algeria and a brace against Austria (both feats came in the group stage). Meanwhile, Bellingham has scored six goals, highlighted by braces against Mexico in the round of 16 and Norway in the quarterfinals. Argentina’s quest to repeat as World Cup champions comes to a head on Sunday afternoon when it plays Spain in the 2026 World Cup Final (3 p.m. ET on FOX and FOX One). Meanwhile, England will play France in the third-place match on Saturday afternoon (5 p.m. ET on FOX and FOX One).​Latest Sports News from FOX Sports

Categories
Music

Morgan Wallen Shares Stripped-Down Preview Of Unreleased Song

Morgan Wallen is once again teasing unreleased music with nothing but his voice and a piano, giving fans a stripped-down preview of a track that already has listeners begging for a release.

The country superstar has previously made it a habit of teasing unreleased songs in this fashion. By taking the focus off the heavy production, fans are able to focus on the story at hand, as they take in the lyrics emerging from his raw vocals.

In a new Instagram video, the camera captures him sitting at a piano, singing a vulnerable song about a relationship that may simply not be meant to last. Although no title was given yet, Wallen teased, “Maybe I’ll release this one before the boats get winterized this time.”

Photo Courtesy of Morgan Wallen
Photo Courtesy of Morgan Wallen

From just the brief snippet of the tune, it’s clear that this track finds the Tennessee native wrestling with the realization that despite two people wanting to make a relationship work, love alone isn’t always enough.

It seems that at things were good at the start of their romance, but over time their connection has slowly started to fade, making for a bittersweet ballad about knowing when it’s time to let go.

Wallen sings, “We don’t even fight like we used to/ We don’t even care enough to cry no more/ It’s been a hundred nights since I knew you/How long we gonna keep looking at that door/ If it was meant to be we woulda been by now/ We wouldn’t have to keep trying to work things out/ And baby we’re a breeze when the lights go down/ It wouldn’t be so hard when we ain’t in the dark/ We were in the stars that aligned right up/ Maybe from the start we’ve been trying too much/ I know you want to think that it’s what we found but if it was meant to be we’d of been by now/ Been by now.”

The intimate preview immediately struck a chord with fans. Many flooded the comments section asking the hitmaker to release the song as soon as possible.

Fans have been eagerly awaiting new music since 2025’s massive I’m The Problem album. The 37-song project featured five collaborations including Tate McRae on “What I Want,” Eric Church on “Number 3 and Number 7,” HARDY on “Come Back As A Redneck,” ERNEST on “The Dealer,” and Post Malone on the previously announced “I Ain’t Comin’ Back.” It also spawned a slew of fan-favorites and several No. 1 hits.

Morgan Wallen; Photo by David Lehr
Morgan Wallen; Photo by David Lehr

Morgan Wallen is currently nearing the end of his Still the Problem Tour, which launched April 10 in Minneapolis, MN, with back-to-back shows at U.S. Bank Stadium.

With just three weekends left, he will head to Baltimore, MD on July 17 and 18, Ann Arbor, MI on July 24 and 25 and Philadelphia, PA on July 31 and August 1 to close it out.

The post Morgan Wallen Shares Stripped-Down Preview Of Unreleased Song appeared first on Country Now.

​Country Now

Categories
Entertainment

Britney Spears Teases Baby Plans: ‘Hopefully This Year’

Reading Time: 3 minutes

Despite her recent troubles, fans continue to rally around and support Britney Spears.

But they sometimes have questions about what she’s telling them.

Did Britney just tease the (future) introduction of a baby? Is she pregnant?

See what you can make of this cryptic post. At the very least, she has babies on the brain.

Britney Spears in 2016.
Singer Britney Spears performs onstage at Staples Center on December 2, 2016. (Photo Credit: Kevin Winter/Getty Images for iHeartMedia)

‘Hopefully this year’

Late into the night on Wednesday, July 15, Britney shared an Instagram caption alongside a series of photos.

“If you’re lucky I have someone unbelievably beautiful I want to introduce you to,” she began.

Sharing a fingers crossed emoji, Britney write that this could be “hopefully this year.”

Britney teased: “And if not the most beautiful things will never be seen!!!!!”

Taking a more mysterious turn, she wrote: “Come what may… oh so near but the feet I feel lived too much in fear so the soil of ground that silence suspends is where I’m found yet there begin!!!! It’s in the silence!!!!!!”

Britney Spears' dark mode Instagram caption.
In her Instagram caption from late in the night on July 15, Britney Spears shared that she’ll “hopefully” introduce someone “beautiful” to fans soon. Oh? (Image Credit: Instagram)

As for the photos themselves, Britney shared a number of snaps, several following a baby-related motif.

One, for example, showed a major throwback of her holding one of her infant sons. Both Sean Preston and Jayden James are now young adults.

Another was a piece of art, depicting a woman finding a sleeping infant inside a shell.

There was also a video — showing Britney doing backflips.

In addition, Britney shared a phtoo of her holding hands with her younger adult son, Jayden.

Does she want more kids? Yes

It is no secret that Britney would like to have more kids.

For over a dozen years, the conservatorship that pumped her full of unwanted medication against her will and controlled every aspect of her life — from whether she could have a soda to when she went on vacation — also prevented her from having more kids.

You don’t get your life back when years have been taken from you. And there is a certain point at which conception becomes more difficult, and pregnancy becomes more dangerous.

Britney did conceive with ex-husband Sam Asghari. However, the two shared in 2022 that they suffered a tragic miscarriage.

In June, Britney admitted that she would still like to have another baby some day.

Is that what Britney is talking about with this post?

Maybe.

But we don’t think that Britney is announcing that she’s pregnant, here. If so, she’s only teasing it.

She could be speaking aspirationally. Britney could also be referring to someone else being pregnant.

When people post sort of vague, poetic things to social media, it’s tempting to treat it like it’s a message to decode into prose. But that’s not always helpful.

Britney Spears Teases Baby Plans: ‘Hopefully This Year’ was originally published on The Hollywood Gossip.

​The Hollywood Gossip

Categories
Music

‘Lioness’ Season 3 Trailer Reveals Most Dangerous Mission Yet

‘Lioness’ Season 3 is set to premiere on Paramount+ in just weeks. Continue reading…​Country Music News – Taste of Country

Categories
Music

‘Lioness’ Season 3 Trailer Reveals Most Dangerous Mission Yet

‘Lioness’ Season 3 is set to premiere on Paramount+ in just weeks. Continue reading…​The Boot – Country Music News, Music Videos and Songs

Categories
Music

Riley Green Owns Enough Land to Make You Do a Double Take

Riley Green started with 141 acres that once belonged to his great-uncle, and from there, he just kept buying land. Continue reading…​Country Music News – Taste of Country

Categories
Music

Riley Green Owns Enough Land to Make You Do a Double Take

Riley Green started with 141 acres that once belonged to his great-uncle, and from there, he just kept buying land. Continue reading…​The Boot – Country Music News, Music Videos and Songs

Categories
Music

Riley Green Explains Why He’s Still Single

‘It’s really not that easy to meet a girl when you’re doing what we’re doing,’ Green admits in his appearance on Theo Von’s ‘This Past Week’ podcast. Continue reading…​The Boot – Country Music News, Music Videos and Songs

Categories
Food

The Gourmet Spanish Food You Can Buy On Amazon

The good news is that you don’t have to visit a specialty store – this delicious gourmet Spanish food is sold in several formats right on Amazon.

​Food Republic – Restaurants, Reviews, Recipes, Cooking Tips