Categories
Entertainment

Mike Sorrentino Addresses Alleged Ronnie Magro Relapse: ‘My Heart Is Heavy’

Reading Time: 2 minutes

If you’ve been paying any attention to the current Jersey Shore press tour (the show returns for its final season on May 7), then you’re probably aware that there have been some very awkward moments involving Ronnie Ortiz-Magro.

First, Ronnie was “too messed up” to speak with reporters during a red carpet event.

Then came an incident in which Magro seemed to nod off during a group interview with SiriusXM.

Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino and Ronnie Ortiz-Magro attend the "Jersey Shore Family Vacation" Premiere Party at Hyde Sunset Kitchen + Cocktails on March 29, 2018 in West Hollywood, California.
Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino and Ronnie Ortiz-Magro attend the “Jersey Shore Family Vacation” Premiere Party at Hyde Sunset Kitchen + Cocktails on March 29, 2018 in West Hollywood, California. (Photo by Rich Polk/Getty Images for MTV)

These developments are especially concerning given the reality star’s history.

Ronnie’s battle with substance abuse has been well-documented, but fans were under the impression that he had been sober for the past several years.

While we don’t know anything for certain, many now believe that Ronnie may have fallen off the wagon.

And those suspicions seem to have been confirmed by Mike Sorrentino’s recent Instagram Story about Ronnie.

(Instagram)

Sorrentino is also a recovering addict.

Now sober for over 10 years, Mike has used his experience to help others get clean, and he says he would be open to helping Ronnie — if Ronnie decides he wants help.

“I want to be clear that I am not responsible for the actions of any other cast member. At the same time, my heart is heavy seeing what Ron, a grown adult, chose to present during press,” Sorrentino wrote.

“This situation is still developing, and while I do not know the full extent of what he may be going through, I do know it is separate from my path. I will help where I can, including through my organization, The Archangel Centers,” Mike continued, adding:

“I reached out to check in and offer my support, and I am still waiting to hear back. If he is willing, I will be there for him.

“My heart is with anyone who is struggling. I have worked hard to protect my sobriety for nearly 11 years, and I honor that every day while continuing to show up with compassion for others.”

Mike stopped just short of confirming that his longtime friend and castmate has indeed suffered a relapse.

But it’s clear that he’s concerned and that he’s willing to do whatever it takes to help his friend get well. We hope that Ronnie will eventually avail himself of whatever kind of support he needs.

Mike Sorrentino Addresses Alleged Ronnie Magro Relapse: ‘My Heart Is Heavy’ was originally published on The Hollywood Gossip.

​The Hollywood Gossip

Categories
Sports Fox

3 Reasons Why Shedeur Sanders Should Be Browns QB1, Not Deshaun Watson

Yes, according to a report by longtime and respected Cleveland Browns beat reporter Mary Kay Cabot, Deshaun Watson has the inside track to earn the starting quarterback job in a three-man competition over second-year pros Shedeur Sanders and Dillon Gabriel. However, that would be a mistake. Sanders finished his rookie season as the starter for Cleveland and should be the starter again this year. Selected in the fifth round, the Colorado product did not put up impressive numbers, completing 56.6% of his passes for 1,400 yards, seven touchdowns and 10 interceptions. The Browns finished 3-4 with Sanders under center, though, winning some games down the stretch. While Sanders’ rookie season stats might not jump off the page, new Browns head coach Todd Monken likes the quarterback’s potential to grow. “I think what you see is elite playmaking ability,” Monken said when asked about Sanders at the NFL Scouting Combine. “That’s in him. You’ve seen it. We’ve seen it. You saw it in college, you saw it on tape last year. Sure, there’s a ways to go, but what rookie isn’t? I mean, what first-year player doesn’t have a long way to go.” Selected two rounds earlier in the third round last year, Gabriel completed 59.5% of his passes for 937 yards, with seven touchdown passes and two interceptions. Cleveland posted a 1-5 record with Gabriel as the starter, struggling to win games with its other rookie quarterback, making Sanders a clear superior option. The Browns, meanwhile, signed Watson to a $230 million guaranteed contract after a massive trade with the Houston Texans in 2022 amid off-the-field legal issues. He’s woefully underperformed, winning nine games in his first three seasons with the Browns. Suffering two Achilles tendon tears, a shoulder issue and serving an 11-game suspension, Watson played in just 19 games in his four seasons with the Browns. The last time Watson started was 2024, when he finished 1-6 as a starter with five touchdown passes in seven starts. However, Watson is still just 30 years old and the most accomplished quarterback on the roster and the Browns owe him $46 million for the upcoming season, and he’ll count $86 million against the cap in 2027. So, it makes sense that owner Jimmy Haslam would like to get some return on his investment. That’s why it might be an uphill battle for Sanders to get the starting job. “Sanders would have to have full command of the offense and confidence of the team behind him to overtake Watson,” a longtime NFL scout told me. “But Watson might have worn out his welcome there, too.” But if the Browns are serious about continuing to build on consecutive solid drafts executed by general manager Andrew Berry, here are three reasons why Sanders should be the quarterback in Week 1 for Cleveland. The Browns got better on offense through free agency and the draft, providing more talent on that side of the ball that should make Sanders’ job to lead the offense easier. Cleveland took Utah offensive lineman Spencer Fano with the team’s No. 6 overall pick, who will slot in as the team’s blindside protector at left tackle. And they drafted two playmakers at receiver in Texas A&M’s KC Concepcion in the first round and Washington’s Denzel Boston in the second round. The Browns signed Los Angeles Chargers free agent Zion Johnson to play left guard and Green Bay Packers free agent Elgton Jenkins to man the center position during free agency. Along with that, Monken provides a shift in philosophy on offense that should put him in situations where he can make quick decisions that keep him out of harm’s way. Sanders was sacked 23 times in seven games last season. Those sack numbers need to come down, which means more decisive reads and getting the ball out quickly. Sanders is set to make a little over $1 million in the second year of his rookie contract. Yes, the Browns have already committed significant financial capital to Watson, but that’s sunk costs at this point. Moving forward, Sanders must show he can be the long-term answer at quarterback, allowing Berry and the Browns to continue to build the team around a young developmental prospect and taking advantage of a quarterback on a rookie deal. The San Francisco 49ers used the same strategy with Brock Purdy with similar success, as did the Seattle Seahawks during back-to-back Super Bowl runs. Both teams had plans to go with other quarterback options – Trey Lance in San Francisco and Matt Flynn in Seattle — but used later-round picks on developmental quarterbacks that blossomed into frontline starters to lead their respective teams to deep postseason runs in the earlier portions of their careers. Cleveland’s eject button out of this dizzying quarterback carousel, which now includes a fourth player in sixth-round pick in dual-threat quarterback Taylen Green, is the 2027 draft. FOX Sports NFL Draft analyst Rob Rang has five quarterbacks selected in the first round of his first 2027 mock draft. The Browns have nine picks next year, so they could make a move for a quarterback if things don’t work out with Sanders or Watson this season. But Cleveland also must consider that it hasn’t exactly set the world on fire drafting quarterbacks in the first round. Baker Mayfield, Brandon Weeden, Johnny Manziel, Brady Quinn and Tim Couch were all taken in the first round this century and never reached their full potential in Cleveland. Let Sanders cook.​Latest Sports News from FOX Sports

Categories
Music

Luke Bryan on American Idol’s Jordan McCullough: He’s in the Hunt

Jordan McCullough is a favorite to make the Top 3 on ‘American Idol’ this week. Continue reading…​The Boot – Country Music News, Music Videos and Songs

Categories
Music

Luke Bryan on American Idol’s Jordan McCullough: He’s in the Hunt

Jordan McCullough is a favorite to make the Top 3 on ‘American Idol’ this week. Continue reading…​Country Music News – Taste of Country

Categories
Politics

May 2026

Cartoons from the desk of Matt Wuerker​Politics

Categories
Politics

‘An unmitigated s–t show fever dream’: Louisiana enters election chaos

Louisiana Gov. Jeff Landry’s abrupt decision to postpone the state’s House primaries just days before voting was scheduled to begin has sent Republican officials scrambling.

Local election heads are convening open meetings to educate voters about the change, which Landry triggered immediately after the Supreme Court ruled earlier this week that its map was unconstitutional, blowing a hole in the Voting Rights Act. That’s giving Republicans the narrowest of windows to gerrymander one or two new seats before the 2026 midterms — and is leaving candidates guessing where they might be running.

Meanwhile, a lawsuit filed late Thursday challenging Landry’s ability to issue the sweeping emergency executive order threatens to further upend Louisiana’s election season. And the move only suspended the House races — meaning the rest of the primaries will continue on as scheduled, including the hotly contested Senate race, whether voters realize it or not.

“You have to move mountains to change the map to a constitutional one, and obviously shift the election,” said John Fleming, a Republican and former House Freedom Caucus member running for Senate. “It’s going to be tough.”

Matt Gromlich, a Democrat running in Louisiana’s 4th District, said he has had to pause his two-week early voting plan, and is considering taking legal action against the state. “It is completely anti-Democratic to cancel an election that has already begun,” he said.

As one Louisiana Republican strategist working on a House race, granted anonymity to speak freely about the fallout, put it: “It is an unmitigated shit show fever dream.”

Altogether, the chaos in Louisiana over the last few days underscores how the latest chapter of the redistricting wars will be defined by a complicated legal and political battle as both red and blue states race to draw new maps.

Landry on Thursday delayed House elections until at least mid-July, saying it was necessary to comply with the court’s ruling. All other races will proceed as normal, with early voting beginning on Saturday. Absentee ballots have already been sent out. But the governor’s decision means tremendous burdens will be placed on local election officials, placing significant administrative costs on the state and sowing confusion among voters.

“Imagine being a voter in Louisiana right now,” said David Becker, executive director of the Center for Election Innovation and Research, a nonpartisan nonprofit. “Imagine having looked at who you might want to vote for, educating yourself on the process, and all of that is thrown up in the air. Every voter in Louisiana right now doesn’t know whether this election is going to go on or not.”

Sen. Bill Cassidy, who is facing off against Fleming and Rep. Julia Letlow in a contentious, close Senate GOP primary, called Landry’s decision to proceed with other races as scheduled “disappointing.”

“Now, it’s up to all of us to help people understand what’s happening and make sure voters know how to cast their votes over the next two weeks,” Cassidy said in a statement.

Louisiana had already changed its election process this year by throwing out its jungle primary for a closed primary process to give parties more control over their nominees. Now, with the House primaries on hold, some Republicans are tossing around returning to the open primary system just for those races.

“It’s crazy and it’s confusing,” said Bryan Kelley, the Winn Parish registrar, who said he has been informing the community about the change and posting information flyers in voting locations. “Whatever the legislature and the legal people decide, we’ll figure out how to make it work in practice so that people can voice their opinions.”

“Everybody just take a deep breath, be calm and just wait and see how that plays out,” he said.

Democrats are warning that Louisiana previews how other GOP states will approach the midterms, given the last-minute opportunity to reshape their maps and scramble election timelines.

“What is happening in Louisiana right now is both a redistricting power grab and a dry run for authoritarian election subversion this fall,” said voting rights attorney Marc Elias.

Before the Court’s ruling, Louisiana Republicans were planning to draw out Democratic Rep. Cleo Fields from his district, shifting the delegation to consist of five Republicans and one Democrat. Now, Republicans are considering being even more aggressive. At least one map has been submitted to be reviewed by the state legislature that would create lines giving the GOP an edge in all six districts, though some of those seats would still likely be in play for Democrats. At risk is the elimination of all majority-minority districts in Louisiana, a state with a population that is one-third Black.

“I believe the district lines should be and will be drawn based on shared interests and regional commonalities,” said GOP Rep. Thomas Pressly. “I look forward to working with my colleagues to ensure that happens.”

In the meantime, House candidates are stuck in limbo, stretching their campaign cash further than expected and extending some brutal match-ups, like in Louisiana’s 5th District where seven Republicans are competing to replace Letlow as she runs for Senate.

At a press conference with the Congressional Black Caucus following the Court’s decision, Fields acknowledged that Louisiana GOP state lawmakers are targeting his district. “If you tell me that I got to jump a certain height, I could probably do that,” he said. “Tell me [if] I got to run a certain distance, I could probably do that too. But if you tell me I have to be white to serve in Congress from Louisiana, I can’t do nothing about that.”

Alec Hernández contributed reporting.

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this report misspelled Marc Elias’ name.​Politics

Categories
Music

Jason Aldean + Luke Bryan Debate Who Picks Up the Dinner Check

Picture this: two country music legends at dinner, one scheming to dodge the bill. The playful rivalry is real! Continue reading…​The Boot – Country Music News, Music Videos and Songs

Categories
Music

Jason Aldean + Luke Bryan Debate Who Picks Up the Dinner Check

Picture this: two country music legends at dinner, one scheming to dodge the bill. The playful rivalry is real! Continue reading…​Country Music News – Taste of Country

Categories
Food

The 5 Best New Aldi Groceries You Can’t Miss In May 2026

May is just around the corner, and with the new month comes new products over at German discount grocer, Aldi. Here is the best of the new items you’ll find.

​Food Republic – Restaurants, Reviews, Recipes, Cooking Tips

Categories
Music

Parker McCollum Returns To Home Texas For Surprise Visit With Nurses as Part of Healthcare Heroes Initiative

Parker McCollum returned to his hometown this weekend to deliver a very special surprise to the nurses at Memorial Hermann The Woodlands in Shenandoah, TX as part of part of the Healthcare Heroes Initiative.

The unexpected visit was organized through the Healthcare Heroes Initiative, a national effort founded by Create Amor with the goal of recognizing the hard work of nurses through appreciation events and community partnerships.

A routine staff meeting took an emotional turn when Parker unexpectedly entered the room, catching the nurses off guard. During his visit, the country superstar took the time to speak with local frontline healthcare workers, snap a few photos and thank them for all they do in the community.

Parker McCollum visiting Memorial Hermann The Woodlands; Photo Courtesy of Create Amor
Parker McCollum visiting Memorial Hermann The Woodlands; Photo Courtesy of Create Amor

“This community is home to me, and these nurses are a big part of what holds it together,” McCollum explained. “Being here to give back, even in a small way, means a lot.”

He continued, “What these nurses do every single day, it’s not easy, and it doesn’t always get recognized…I’m just grateful I had the chance to come by and thank them for what they do.”

The nurses didn’t just get to meet and interact with McCollum. The initiative also provided 500 nurses with a pair of Create Amor scrubs, extending the impact well beyond those in attendance for the hospital visit itself.

“This is about showing up for those who show up for all of us,” said Matthew Vuckovich, Founder and CEO of Create Amor. “Nurses give everything every single day, and they deserve to be seen, valued, and supported. This is just the beginning of what we’re building nationally.”

Parker McCollum visiting Memorial Hermann The Woodlands; Photo Courtesy of Create Amor
Parker McCollum visiting Memorial Hermann The Woodlands; Photo Courtesy of Create Amor

Nurses who were there said the incredible gift, along with McCollum’s kindness, was completely unexpected but really special as moments like that don’t come around often for them.

 “We don’t expect moments like this,” the nurse said. “So when something like this happens, it truly means everything. We’re incredibly grateful Parker took the time to make the day so special for nurses here in Montgomery County.”

Support from Woodforest National Bank helped make the event possible.

“We’re honored to support an initiative that recognizes the incredible dedication of our healthcare professionals,” said Julie Mayrant of Woodforest National Bank. “These nurses serve our communities every day, and we’re proud to play a small role in giving back to them in a meaningful way.”

Members of hospital leadership highlighted how important it is to recognize healthcare workers in ways that feel genuine and meaningful because as John Voight, Chief Nursing Officer at Memorial Hermann The Woodlands noted, the nurses continue to show “extortionary compassion, strength and commitment every day.”

“Moments like this remind them how valued they truly are, not just within our organization, but in the broader community.”

The Healthcare Heroes Initiative has even more surprise events planned at hospitals across the country in an effort to continue showing appreciation for the critical role nurses play in patient care.

The post Parker McCollum Returns To Home Texas For Surprise Visit With Nurses as Part of Healthcare Heroes Initiative appeared first on Country Now.

​Country Now