Categories
Entertainment

The Biggest Scandals To Ever Hit The Chew

“The Chew” was one of the most popular shows on television for seven years. That said, the show was not immune to some drama on and off the set.

​Mashed – Fast Food, Celebrity Chefs, Grocery, Reviews

Categories
Alaska News

After spending big on Donlin, billionaire sells stake in company with Ambler prospects

Billionaire investors John Paulson (left) and Thomas Kaplan (right) met with Alaska Gov. Mike Dunleavy in July 2025. Paulson and Kaplan are pushing the huge Donlin gold project in Western Alaska. Paulson recently sold his stake in another Alaska-focused company, Trilogy Metals, in which Kaplan also owns shares. (Office of the Governor)

Billionaire investor John Paulson made a splash in Alaska’s mining industry last year when he paid $800 million for a 40% stake in the huge Donlin gold project.

But while working to advance Donlin, Paulson quietly sold his position in a separate Alaska-focused company that soared in value after the Trump administration approved the Ambler Road.

That’s according to a recent filing with federal securities regulators from Paulson’s investment office, Paulson & Co.

The disclosure, first reported by Bloomberg, indicates that Paulson sold all of his nearly 9% stake in Vancouver-based Trilogy Metals between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31.

It was a much smaller investment than Paulson’s ownership of Donlin and a separate gold and antimony project that he has been pushing in Idaho. But the transaction is notable given the investor’s significant role in Alaska’s mining industry and his relationship with President Donald Trump.

The Trump administration said in October that it would pay some $35 million for 10% of Trilogy and approve the Ambler Road — a controversial state-proposed mining haul route in northern Alaska that’s viewed as critical to Trilogy’s mining plans. (Those plans are being advanced in partnership with an Australian company, South32.)

The announcement boosted Trilogy’s stock by more than 200%. Paulson sold his entire stake in the company, more than 14 million shares, within a few months, though his disclosure does not specify the exact date.

The shares would have surged in value from about $30 million to more than $100 million in October, when the stock price briefly climbed past $10 per share. But it has since dropped to around $4.00.

Paulson has not publicly discussed his divestment, and a spokesperson declined to comment. A Trilogy spokesperson also declined to comment.

Investors buy and sell shares in companies for any number of reasons, and Paulson’s move is not necessarily a sign that he soured on Trilogy’s potential, according to Ian Lange, a professor of economics and business at Colorado School of Mines.

“Could it be a reason? Sure. It could. We don’t know. But there are many other [possible] reasons,” Lange said.

Paulson may have sold the shares simply so he could focus more on other priorities, like Donlin, Lange said.

Other Trilogy shareholders, including longtime Alaska Native leader Willie Hensley, who’s also a board member of the company, disclosed gains of hundreds of thousands of dollars following the news of the Ambler Road’s approval and the government’s own investment.

Paulson initially made a name for himself, and a fortune, by betting against the housing market before the 2008 financial crisis.

Since then, he’s become known as a leading investor in companies developing gold mines, and for his ties to Trump: He hosted a Florida campaign fundraiser in 2024 and reportedly was a candidate to be secretary of the U.S. Department of the Treasury.

Donlin is Paulson’s biggest mining investment in Alaska. Beyond his direct stake in the project, he’s also a major investor in Novagold Resources, which owns the other 60% of Donlin and which Trilogy initially spun out from. And Paulson owns about 38% of another Alaska-focused company, International Tower Hill Mines, which aims to develop a gold deposit north of Fairbanks.

Meanwhile, another billionaire who’s heavily invested in Alaska’s mining industry, including in some of the same companies as Paulson, has kept his shares in Trilogy.

Investor Thomas Kaplan’s New York-based Electrum Group owns some 18.5% of the company — a stake worth more than $136 million, according to a recent securities filing by Kaplan’s firm.

Electrum also owns about $865 million in shares, or some 24%, of Novagold, the firm that’s pushing Donlin along with Paulson.

Both Donlin and the Ambler Road have generated vigorous debate locally and statewide. Supporters say the projects could create much-needed jobs and stimulate rural economies, while critics are concerned about impacts to the environment and traditional hunting and fishing.

Northern Journal contributor Max Graham can be reached at max@northernjournal.com. He’s interested in any and all mining related stories, as well as introductory meetings with people in and around the industry.

This article was originally published in Northern Journal, a newsletter from Nathaniel Herz. Subscribe at this link.

SUPPORT: YOU MAKE OUR WORK POSSIBLE

Categories
Entertainment

Rosanna Arquette: I Don’t Believe Virginia Giuffre Died by Suicide

Reading Time: 3 minutes

Less than one year ago, Virginia Giuffre died by suicide.

However, given the key role that she played in Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s downfall and shining a light on Jeffrey Epstein’s crimes, some have called that into doubt.

Rosanna Arquette knew Giuffre in life.

And she has major doubts about her late friend’s April 2025 death. She is not alone.

Rosanna Arquette in September 2025.
Rosanna Arquette attends Netflix’s “Black Rabbit” New York Premiere at SVA Theater on September 16, 2025. (Photo Credit: Michael Loccisano/Getty Images)

‘I knew Virginia’

On Saturday, March 7, The Times of London published an interview with Rosanna Arquette.

The actress shared that she does not believe that Virginia Giuffre died by suicide.

“I knew Virginia,” she explained. “I don’t think she killed herself.”

In April 2025, Giuffre’s family announced her tragic death at 41.

She was, famously, perhaps the most prominent accuser of late sex-trafficking pedophile Jeffrey Epstein.

Virginia Giuffre in October 2019.
Michelle Licata and Virginia Giuffre attend the 2019 Women’s Media Awards at Mandarin Oriental on October 22, 2019. (Photo Credit: Ben Gabbe/Getty Images for Women’s Media Award)

In addition to personally knowing Giuffre, Arquette explained why she feels such a kinship with Epstein’s accusers.

Simply put, it’s because of her own experiences — different yet similar — as one of disgraced megaproducer Harvey Weinstein’s accusers.

“I had many conversations with the Epstein women,” Arquette shared.

“Those women are warriors right now,” she affirmed.

“And,” the actress then emphasized, “we need to protect them.”

Rosanna Arquette in late September 2025.
Rosanna Arquette attends the “Anemone” Red Carpet during the 63rd New York Film Festival at Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Center on September 28, 2025. (Photo Credit: Dia Dipasupil/Getty Images for FLC)

‘I do not’

During the interview, Arquette received a direct question.

Does she believe that Giuffre died by suicide?

“I do not,” Arquette confirmed.

Despite the official ruling on the matter, she is not alone.

Giuffre’s father and her attorney have both publicly expressed doubts regarding Giuffire’s suicide.

'Nobody's Girl' book by Virginia Giuffre.
Posthumous memoir ‘Nobody’s Girl’ by Virginia Giuffre on display at Foyles Bookshop on October 21, 2025 (Photo Credit: Ming Yeung/Getty Images)

Whistleblowers and leakers have been killed by powerful, evil men before.

For that, look no further than the Panama Papers journalist who died from a car bomb after exposing corruption in her home country and abroad.

Of course, when Giuffre died, now ex-prince Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was already in disgrace — and had also paid her an out-of-court settlement.

She had also received an out-of-court settlement from vile trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell.

One has to wonder what the motive might be, if someone were to kill her in April 2025. Revenge? It would be risky, to say the least.

Rosanna Arquette in October 2025.
Rosanna Arquette attends the “Desperately Seeking Susan” red carpet during the 20th Rome Film Festival at Auditorium Parco Della Musica on October 23, 2025. (Photo Credit: Vittorio Zunino Celotto/Getty Images)

Tragically, death by suicide does not always come with warnings

The sad reality is that survivors of monstrous crimes are sometimes subject to lifelong struggles with suicidal ideation.

Like any chronic disease, this can lower the quality of their life and end that life prematurely — no matter what they have going for them.

Many people who are themselves survivors of sexual assault and CSA (child sex-abuse) have urged the public to not circulate conspiracy theories about Giuffre’s death.

They have pointed out that most people who die by suicide do not show obvious signs, and go to great lengths to hide their private struggle from others.

We do not believe that Rosanna Arquette is attempting to stir the pot or turn her late friend into a meme, however. As someone who knew Giuffre in life, she is more than entitled to her beliefs now.

Rosanna Arquette: I Don’t Believe Virginia Giuffre Died by Suicide was originally published on The Hollywood Gossip.

​The Hollywood Gossip

Categories
Entertainment

The Frozen Treat You Should Be Buying From Aldi, Not Costco, According To Customers

Despite their loyalties, even die-hard Costco fans agree: When it comes to a certain dessert, the taste and price of Aldi’s store-brand option is unbeatable.

​Mashed – Fast Food, Celebrity Chefs, Grocery, Reviews

Categories
Sports Fox

2026 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament Automatic Bids Tracker

Conference tournaments are underway, the first sign that March Madness has arrived! Each of men’s college basketball’s 31 conference tournament champions earns an automatic berth to the 2026 NCAA Tournament, while the other 37 spots are awarded to at-large participants by the tournament’s selection committee. Follow along to see which teams have locked up an auto-bid thus far, as of March 13: This story will be updated throughout the week. Check back for updates.​Latest Sports News from FOX Sports

Categories
Entertainment

Dak Prescott, Sarah Jane Ramos Abruptly Call Off Wedding: What’s Going On Here?

Reading Time: 3 minutes

It looks like Dak Prescott has officially called an audible.

The Dallas Cowboys quarterback has abruptly called off his wedding to Sarah Jane Ramos, which was set to take place in Italy next month.

News of the cancellation comes courtesy of an email sent out to the 250 guests who were expected to watch the couple exchange vows on April 10.

Sarah Jane Ramos and Dak Prescott attend Rao’s Restaurant and Fini’s Pizza 2025 Big Game Pop-Up powered by Clover on February 06, 2025 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Sarah Jane Ramos and Dak Prescott attend Rao’s Restaurant and Fini’s Pizza 2025 Big Game Pop-Up powered by Clover on February 06, 2025 in New Orleans, Louisiana. (Photo by Erika Goldring/Getty Images for Fini & Rao’s Big Game Pop-Up)

“It is with heavy hearts that we privately inform our attendees that we have made the very difficult decision to cancel our wedding,” reads the email obtained by TMZ.

“We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and we welcome your prayers.”

The message was signed, “Sarah Jane Ramos and Dak Prescott.”

Obviously, it’s always surprising when a couple calls off their wedding just one month before the big day.

But the news is especially shocking in this case:

Dak Prescott and Sarah Jane Ramos attend the Farrah Fawcett Foundation 2025 Tex-Mex Fiesta at The Rustic on October 30, 2025 in Dallas, Texas.
Dak Prescott and Sarah Jane Ramos attend the Farrah Fawcett Foundation 2025 Tex-Mex Fiesta at The Rustic on October 30, 2025 in Dallas, Texas. (Photo by Omar Vega/Getty Images for Farrah Fawcett Foundation)

Dak and Sarah have been dating for several years, and they welcomed a baby girl together in February of 2023.

They welcomed a second daughter in May of last year, and they’ve long been regarded as one of the sports world’s most solid couples.

So the abrupt cancellation of their nuptials is shocking news indeed.

And naturally, the rumor mill has already begun churning about speculation about the cause of the split is spreading like wildfire.

​”After securing a historic $240 million contract, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott and his fiancée, Sarah Jane Ramos, were supposed to be celebrating their upcoming April wedding,” one influencer on X (formerly Twitter) wrote today.

“​The rumor is that Dak spent the last few months pushing hard for a rock-solid prenup to protect his new bag, and she flat-out refused to sign it,” they continued, adding:

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott (R) and Sarah Jane Ramos arrive at the Sports Illustrated's SI The Party at Mardi Gras World on February 8, 2025 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott (R) and Sarah Jane Ramos arrive at the Sports Illustrated’s SI The Party at Mardi Gras World on February 8, 2025 in New Orleans, Louisiana. (Photo by Skip Bolen/Getty Images)

“That underlying tension finally boiled over into a massive screaming match right on the yacht, leading to the entire wedding being permanently shelved.”

The yacht referred to there is the one that Dak and Sarah partied on during their joint bachelor/bachelorette party earlier this month.

TMZ is countering part of that story, reporting that the breakup “has nothing to do with a prenup.”

The outlet adds, however, that “there’s no chance of getting back together.”

We will have further updates on this developing story as new information becomes available.

Dak Prescott, Sarah Jane Ramos Abruptly Call Off Wedding: What’s Going On Here? was originally published on The Hollywood Gossip.

​The Hollywood Gossip

Categories
Food

The ‘Blueberry Capital Of The World’ Is Located In A Small American Town

You might think that the ‘Blueberry Capital Of The World’ is where they grow the most of the fruit, but it’s across the country where cultivation began.

​Food Republic – Restaurants, Reviews, Recipes, Cooking Tips

Categories
Entertainment

What Does ‘Split The G’ Mean When Drinking Guinness?

Heard someone dared to “Split the G” at a pub? Here’s what it means and why celebrities and beer lovers alike are joining this global trend.

​Mashed – Fast Food, Celebrity Chefs, Grocery, Reviews

Categories
Alaska News

State regulators intend to approve merger of two Alaska credit unions

U.S. currency is seen in a close-up photo. (Getty Images)

The Alaska Division of Banking and Securities is planning to approve the merger of Credit Union 1 and MAC Federal Credit Union, the agency said in a public notice this week.

The two credit unions announced their merger plans last year, but state law required a review. Credit Union 1 is Alaska’s only state-chartered credit union, which gives the state primary authority over its operations. All of Alaska’s other credit unions are federally chartered.

CU1 has almost 100,000 members and 16 branches — the newest slated to open in Homer this summer

MAC Federal Credit Union is based in the Fairbanks area and has about 20,000 members, according to figures provided with the merger announcement last year. 

It opened branches in the Matanuska-Susitna Borough starting five years ago, marking its first expansion outside the Fairbanks area.

Public comments on the merger can be submitted to the Division of Banking and Securities, which expects to make a final decision on the merger sometime after April 3. 

Categories
Sports Fox

NFL Highest-Paid Wide Receivers: Alec Pierce Joins Top 10 With Huge Contract

NFL free agency started in a big way on Monday, with the Colts re-signing wide receiver Alec Pierce just moments after noon ET. The deal sent shock waves through the league. Pierce had 47 catches for 1,003 yards last season for the Colts, both of which are career highs. That got him $116 million over four years, with a reported $60 million of that guaranteed. It’s essentially a two-year contract for the Colts, and if it goes well, Pierce will likely see the deal through all four years if the salary cap continues to increase. In recent years, an annual salary of $30 million became the barometer for the best receivers in the NFL. The elite players got even more, with Ja’Marr Chase getting more than $40 million annually from the Bengals last offseason. Pierce came up just shy of that, but his production pales in comparison to top receivers who now make less than him. For reference, Pierce is set to make more money than Tee Higgins, Jaylen Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Nico Collins and former teammate Michael Pittman Jr., who was traded to the Steelers on Monday. [2026 NFL Free Agency: The Top 100 Players Available and Potential Fits] Pittman being traded to Pittsburgh means Pierce’s role will likely increase in the Colts’ offense next season. Quarterback Daniel Jones was given the transition tag, while the star of the show will still be running back Jonathan Taylor. As of Monday, March 9, at 2:30 p.m. ET, here are the highest annual salaries among NFL wide receivers, including Pierce’s reported contract with the Colts (data courtesy of Over the Cap):​Latest Sports News from FOX Sports