Categories
Hip Hop

Cops On The Hunt For DDG Swatter As Trend Continues Nationwide

DDG got caught up in a wild police response during a paintball livestream in SoCal after some troll called in a fake emergency claiming he was armed and threatening people.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department rolled up deep, guns drawn, thinking DDG was a threat. Turns out it was a total lie.

The whole thing went down while DDG was live-streaming—cops cuffed him on camera, only to realize it was all fake and let him go.

Now the detectives are digging to track down whoever made the bogus call. A Sheriff’s spokesperson confirmed they’re actively working on the case and already filed a report for the phony emergency.

DDG’s manager and legal rep, Dimitri Hurt, told TMZ Hip Hop, “The anonymous caller fabricated a claim that DDG was armed and threatening people, which led to an unnecessary and heavily armed police response to a peaceful paintball live stream event. This reckless and malicious act disrupted the tournament, caused unnecessary panic among attendees, and put everyone present — including law enforcement — in harm’s way.”

He added, “DDG, who was there simply to enjoy and participate in the event, was deeply shaken by the incident. Having officers respond under the false belief that you are armed is an incredibly distressing and traumatizing experience.”

Swatting isn’t new, but it’s getting way more common—and dangerous.

In 2025 alone, schools across the country have been hit with fake threats that send cops scrambling. It’s gotten so bad that lawmakers are scrambling to pass new laws to stop this stuff.

One dude, Alan Filion, got slapped with four years in federal prison earlier this year for pulling off 375 fake calls across the U.S. between 2022 and 2024, showing just how out of hand this trend is getting.

Each swatting incident racks up a massive bill, too. Emergency services spend around $ 100,000 per response, while school-related swatting costs over $82 million in 2023, and that number’s still climbing in 2025.

DDG’s team says he’s cooperating with the investigation and authorities are doing what they can to bring the prankster to justice.

“We are grateful that no one was physically harmed, but the emotional toll and the damage to the event’s atmosphere were significant,” Hurt said.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Rising Memphis Rapper Of Fast Cash Boyz Gunned Down In Wild Shootout

Rising rapper C Money died in a hail of bullets during a chaotic shootout in Memphis early Sunday, cutting short the life of a rising Fast Cash Boyz member whose music was gaining traction in the Southern Hip-Hop scene.

The 25-year-old artist, born C Money Smith, was gunned down around midnight on August 10, 2025, in a residential neighborhood, according to Memphis police.

Authorities said multiple homes were struck by gunfire during the exchange, which reportedly involved several vehicles.

Smith was pronounced dead at the scene. Witnesses described the gunfire as part of an escalating feud that had been simmering for days.

“From what I hear, this has been going on since last Friday. That they’ve been back and forth shooting at each other, whoever they are,” a local resident told WREG.

Smith was one-half of the Fast Cash Boyz, a Memphis duo he formed with fellow rapper Fast Cash Jizzle. The group had been gaining local buzz as part of a new wave of Memphis Hip-Hop talent. The group had just opened for GloRilla at Glo Bash in July.

“Dam Lil bra we wasn’t Finish. We STILL ain’t stopping doe you did everythang you could just had the streets and the ladies on LOCK. I already know what you want me to do. We got it from here,” Fast Cash Jizzle said.

https://www.instagram.com/p/DNOhnYzhhI_/?hl=en&img_index=1

His partner and longtime girlfriend, Kya Smith, confirmed his death in a Facebook post and launched a GoFundMe campaign to raise money for funeral costs and to support their children.

“C Money Smith was more than just a rapper—he was a loving father, a loyal friend, and an inspiration to many. Through his music, he told the stories of his life, his struggles, and his dreams, touching the hearts of everyone who listened. His passion for his craft and his dedication to his children were unmatched,” the fundraiser reads.

The funeral is scheduled for August 23, 2025.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by FastCashCmoney🏁🌊 (@__streetpreacher)

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Jelly Roll Stuns NFL Players With 200-Pound Weight Loss

Jelly Roll pulled up to the Tennessee Titans’ facility looking way leaner and dropping wisdom, revealing he’s shed a wild 200 pounds during his health grind.

The Hip-Hop star—real name Jason DeFord—popped up in a video shared by the Titans, hyping up the squad and flexing a noticeably slimmer frame.

He cracked a joke mid-speech to Coach Brian Callahan, saying, “I lost 200 pounds. I told coach I’m getting a contract if I lose another 50.” The room ate it up and gave him a round of applause.

While he’s not suiting up in pads anytime soon, Jelly said he’s “getting close” to being field-ready. Not bad for a dude who’s been battling weight issues most of his life.

But it wasn’t all jokes. Jelly got real with the players about the importance of building real bonds off the field, too.

“(My band and I) learned it was the 23 hours we wasn’t on the stage that we were building our connection,” he said. “Find a partner, find a friend, build a strength, build a relationship. Community—that stuff will translate to the field.”

He didn’t stop there.

The Nashville native talked about how getting his personal life right helped him level up in every other part of his world.

“I started becoming a better songwriter when I started becoming a better husband. I started becoming a better performer when I started becoming a better human,” he added. “I started becoming a better son. I started prioritising my momma’s calls. It’s funny how the heavens started opening up for me just ’cause of how I was treating relationships everywhere else.”

Jelly’s been on the road heavy lately, rolling through cities on his Beautifully Broken Tour. Next stop? Montreal on August 16.

He may not be gunning for a Super Bowl ring, but the dude’s clearly winning in other ways.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Machine Gun Kelly Blows Off Sydney Sweeney Dating Talk

Machine Gun Kelly threw cold water on all that Sydney Sweeney hookup chatter during a taping of Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen, and he didn’t tiptoe around it either.

When Cohen read a viewer question about whether MGK and Sydney Sweeney were “more than just friends” after a group pic from May started making the rounds, MGK locked eyes with the camera and fired off:

“Kyle P, shut up, dude.” That’s it. That’s the whole response, no sugarcoating it.

The two have known each other for a while now—they worked together on Downfalls High back in 2021, which was MGK’s first shot at directing.

So, they’ve got history, but not the kind people are daydreaming about.

MGK is currently flying solo after calling it quits with Megan Fox last year. The exes welcomed their baby girl, Saga, this past March.

Meanwhile, Sydney reportedly ended things with her fiancé, producer Jonathan Davino, around the same time the photo with MGK surfaced. Elsewhere in the convo, MGK got into some trippy territory about getting older—if he even believes in that.

“It’s a weird thing, dude, I don’t know if it exists,” he said.

Then he added this gem: “I just don’t know many facts about my life, so I’m starting to just be like, like, my skin, if it just rips open, it heals really quick, there’s just things where I’m starting to be, like, ‘Who’s my dad?’ You know?”

MGK might not know who his dad is, but he definitely knows he’s not dating Sydney Sweeney.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

Sha’Carri Richardson Breaks Silence After Domestic Violence Arrest: “I Refuse To Run Away”

Sha’Carri Richardson addressed her arrest and the fallout from a domestic violence incident involving fellow sprinter Christian Coleman in a late-night Instagram Story on Monday (August 12), breaking her silence weeks after the confrontation at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.

Richardson, 24, was taken into custody on July 27 after an argument escalated into a physical altercation. According to police reports and surveillance footage, she shoved Coleman into a column. She also repeatedly invaded his personal space and threw headphones at him.

Officers arrested her on suspicion of fourth-degree domestic violence assault. She was booked into SCORE Jail and released the following day.

Despite Coleman declining to press charges or cooperate further, Washington state law mandates an arrest in domestic violence cases when officers respond shortly after the incident.

In her video message, Richardson didn’t directly mention Coleman or the arrest. However, she acknowledged the consequences of her actions and expressed a desire to grow from the experience.

Rihardson reflected on her actions following her domestic violence arrest, saying she’s holding herself accountable for putting both herself and someone she cares for in a compromising situation.

“I see myself,” she stated. “I’m taking this time to not only see myself, but give myself a certain level of help that overall is going to reflect who I truly am in my heart, in my spirit, and not allowing this moment, but accepting this moment to be more.”

She also said she’s using this time for self-reflection, personal growth, and to seek help, vowing to face challenges head-on and become better for herself, her family, and her fans.

Richardson concluded, “So more than anything, I refuse to run away … but face everything that comes to me head-on because everything on the other side is greater. What you got to go through in order to get there.”

Sha’Carri Richardson Places Second In Latest Race

The arrest came just days before Richardson competed in the 100-meter preliminary heat at the U.S. National Championships, where she placed second but later withdrew from the finals and skipped the 200-meter event entirely.

As the reigning 100-meter world champion, she still holds an automatic berth at the upcoming World Championships.

Surveillance footage of the airport incident was later made public. The video confirmed the details outlined in the police report and fueling widespread media coverage.

​AllHipHop

Categories
Hip Hop

50 Cent Hits Finesse2Tymes With Brutal Advice Over His Mom’s Homeless Plea

50 Cent took a break from clowning rappers to drop some unsolicited wisdom on Finesse2Tymes after the Memphis rapper’s mother publicly accused him of abandoning her.

On Tuesday (May 14), the Hip-Hop and entertainment mogul posted a clip of Pluria Alexander, Finesse2Tymes’ mother, venting online about her son allegedly ignoring her calls and cutting off financial support.

In the video, Alexander claimed she was facing eviction and had nowhere to go.

50 shared some words of wisdom for both Finesse2Tymes and his mother in the caption.

“Hey Finesse you look just like yo momma man just call her,” he wrote. “I said what the f### do you do when that happens, nothing look at her and say you want some of this money or not. Stay yo ass off the phone Ma, who showed you how to make a video anyway? @1finesse2tymes please don’t say nothing crazy.”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by 50 Cent (@50cent)

Finesse2Tymes hasn’t directly responded to 50 Cent, but he did post a cryptic message to his Instagram Stories shortly after the video made the rounds. The post read, “Keep ya eyes open And ya mouth shut,” alongside a photo of himself.

Earlier this week, Finesse2Tymes dropped a raw freestyle where he compared himself to Eminem, referencing his strained relationship with his mother.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Finesse Twotymes (@1finesse2tymes)

The track arrived just days after Alexander launched a GoFundMe campaign asking for $6,000 to help with moving expenses, claiming she’d been left homeless for the third time by her son.

Alexander also said the ongoing tension with her son has triggered anxiety and depression, which she attributes to “narcissistic abuse.”

​AllHipHop

Categories
Headline News

This sport has a self-confessed safety problem – could flashing mouthguards be the answer?

Rugby chiefs have admitted to Sky News their sport is not “incredibly safe” due to the “high risk of injuries”, while insisting players should be encouraged they are prioritising addressing concussion concerns.The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News

Categories
Headline News

‘He’s a dead man walking’: Man who plotted to kill £54m heist gang member attacked in prison

A man jailed for plotting to murder a member of the gang that carried out Britain’s biggest-ever cash robbery has been attacked in prison.The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News

Categories
Headline News

Taylor Swift announces 12th studio album

Taylor Swift has announced her 12th studio album during an appearance on her boyfriend Travis Kelce’s podcast.The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News

Categories
Headline News

Man who faked his death and fled to Scotland appears in court for US rape trial

Nicholas Rossi, an American man who faked his death and fled to Scotland to escape a rape charge, has gone on trial.The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News